+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Ladies, need some advice on best friend

Ladies, need some advice on best friend

Hi There,
    So I'm 22 years old, I am new here, but wanted to ask something to you ladies generally rather than introduce myself on the other page.
    Basically, I have recently come to the conclusion that I may harness some reserved feelings towards my best friend, and was wondering if you could shed some light on what she may be thinking.

We met about 5 years and have been inseparable ever since (apart from we're at uni now, but still text almost every day for hours'.
    Now, we are very very close, I have some close girl friends, but this one takes the picture. By close, I mean, when I'm with her, we hold hands walking around (sometimes she grabs mine, or just link arms, could be innocent), ecstatic to see each other always.

There's more, obviously. We always tell each other how much we love each other, which could be standard for a girl/guy best friend. But we have also planned marriage before and even what we would name our children haha. If she stays over, nothing ever happens, but we cuddle on the sofa watching a film or tv, and we sleep in the same bed, spooning. Now I've never made a move nor do I Intend to, but we're very coupley when with each other, often mistaken for a couple. Oh and we've planned to go away together, just me and her, after we graduate uni.

She went out with a really close friend of mine when I first knew her, for about a year. Comes to me for relationship advice, comfort etc. my dad tells me we'll end up together. Yes I do get slightly jealous seeing her with another guy, as I say. I've come to terms with it. But judging from what I've said, I wanted to ask, do any of you have close guy friends like that. If so, how close are you? Anything like I've said? And does it sound like she likes me? I would maybe go for it at some point, but just worried it would kill what we have. Advice please!!

Thank you guys

ask her out on a date,

- - - Updated - - -

Not sure why you find pleasure in being this girl's cuddle bitch. Let me guess....you are a virgin.

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    ask her out on a date,

- - - Updated - - -

Not sure why you find pleasure in being this girl's cuddle bitch. Let me guess....you are a virgin.
    Excuse me? Bit harsh. I'm not a virgin no.

Its not harsh. Its a fact. Your like her boyfriend without benefits and yes you are her cuddle bitch. You need to man up lad and grow a pair. Either make her your official girlfriend and have sex with her or kick her out of your life for good. Your just an emotional tampon right now and you should respect yourself more not to be some attention whores ego boost
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".

A shared close connection is a good thing; and being of opposite sexes ought not interfere with a close friendship yet often it does, matter. Still, you wouldn't be the first guy/gal pals that share intimacy of the oh so close kind without actually having sex or wanting to.
    The question is; do you want more?

I have had a close male friend, one. With whom intimate cravings never happened but we were both more than happy to crash on the couch together, no problem. Still, this was not over 5 years and if it was, I imagine things may have heated up. He surely was a good man, hence the close friendship but it was never the strong za z zoom pull that happens with a sexual one.

If you really like this girl more than a close chum and you do get pangs of jealousy when she's hanging with other fellas, sounds like you would like it go further; so you need to ask her. You have spoken of couple like subjects. Maybe this 'is' something to explore.

My best friend is a guy. We are just like the two of you. We hug we kiss we tell each other we love each other. If he spends the night we sleep in the same bed and cuddle. At one point back when we first met we decided to try to move things forward and it was just awkward for us, we are better as friends. The only way you will know is if you try. She obviously likes you but whether or not it goes further than friendship that I can't tell you. You just have to ask her. Best of luck!

As long as you are benefitting from the relationship there is no reason to stop it.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Friends often make the best relationships. But don't be a wuss. If you have romantic feelings, tell her. Otherwise you may live to regret it.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh