+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I really dont know what to do. My girlfriend might move soon. PLEASE HELP

I really dont know what to do. My girlfriend might move soon. PLEASE HELP

My girlfriend of 3 months is literally the perfect girl for me. She has so much in common with me and we get along so well. We NEVER fight about anything, and if we start to get into a argument its always resolved right away. I could see myself marrying this girl. So anyways ever since the day I started dating her she told me she was planning on moving to NYC sometime. She has two years of college done and really has no clue what she wants to do with her life now. But she has always wanted to live in NYC for some reason and I don't want to lose her. I don't want to ask her to not move to NYC but I would never want to live there personally. I have always wanted to live somewhere that I could snowboard large mountains like in Colorado, Utah, Oregon, or California. She also loves to snowboard and I would be soo happy if one day she decided she wanted to move out there with me. She has no real plans at this point and we really really like each other, we have spent almost everyday with each other since we met. I could see her moving sometime within the next 6 months if she sticks with her plan, but I have to stay in our home town until next year in the summer because of school. I am going to move out west after I finish with one more year of college and I want her to wait for me and come with me so bad.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

People are always talking about wanting to move to whatever city or state. Until she has SOLID plans to do so, you should not worry. When I say SOLID plans, I mean like she has the money to move along with a place and a job to go to.
    People dream of going to New york, Cali, Florida, etc but then reality speaks up with, "Oh yeah, and how do you plan on financing this move? How you gonna pay the rent? What happens if you run into problems...?"
    Kind of like when we were little kids and would "run away" with our favorite toy and an entire day's supply of PB&J sandwiches. Oh and one change of outfit. Yeah when I was 7 years old I did that but none of the empty apartments were unlocked and it was cold out.

I have an older sister who keeps talking about moving to Florida but it has been nothing but TALK for about three years.

So, even if she DOES decide to move in 6 months, by then a lot of your infatuation should be settled and it won't hurt as bad when she moves out there only to find no job, run out of money, and has to have her parents send her gas or bus money so she can get home.

While we are on the subject, how do YOU plan on financing a move out west?
    Always remember that YOU are the most important person in your world.

You're in college.
    You've been together for 3 months.
    You're obsessing about seomthing that 'might' happen.

Don't you think you're overthinking this?