+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Accepting Facebook friend off a girl you know likes you

Accepting Facebook friend off a girl you know likes you

Okay, I would be so grateful for advice and on an updated situation of whether a guy likes me.

Basically a work colleague I have the hots for. So far, 3 weeks of snatched eye glances that is all. Job is coming to an end. I am super friendly with the whole team, men and women. Plan to keep in touch with them all, men and women. Have exchanged contact details with everybody. Get on great with the whole team.

Last night we went for a goodbye work drinks in a bar. Guy I have the hots for stood opposite me chatting to another guy. Guy I have the hots for left early. I heard him mention a girlfriend to the guy he was chatting to, although the team tell me that guy I have the hots for is single. Guy I like has also mentioned "girlfriend" in the context of an ex-girlfriend in a previous conversation. Also, I am working such long hours with the guy, I can't imagine he would have a gf, as gf would object to bf working long hours until midnight 7 days a week.

As the guy I have the hots for is leaving work, I requested FB friendship off him (with no message) and so far he hasn't accepted me.

Why would a guy not accept FB friendship from a girl he knows? Normally when I get a FB request from a friend, I accept it immediately. The only time I delay accepting or decline friendship altogether is when I don't know the person, ie they're a stranger or I know them and I don't want to be their friend ie I don't like them, ie I find them annoying or irritating.

Everyone knows me as extremely nice, genuine, generous, kind, easy-going and funny. Not only on my team, but also with mutual friends I know with this guy which go back years.

A work colleague told me that the guy I have the hots for, suspects I fancy him. The guy I have the hots for is also going on holiday after his job ends and doesn't want a girlfriend. In the past few weeks since I began to fancy this guy I have been shy and awkward with him, although I am extremely easy-going and talkative with the other guys I know just as friends.

How do I rectify the situation so that the guy I have the hots for accepts me and/or we act more natural towards each other.

I feel a barrier went up between me and this guy once I began to fancy him 2 weeks ago.

How do I get to a situation whereby he accepts me and we meet up as a group after he comes back from holiday (I don't care what he does on holiday).

Any feedback would be grateful!

Thanks.

If he suspects you like him and does indeed have a girlfriend, it would easily explain why he hasn't accepted your FB friend request. Also, it's entirely possible that he hasn't logged on to FB. I know lots of people who have profiles but are rarely online.

All that being said, why would you want a guy who works till midnight 7 days a week? You say yourself that it would be unacceptable for any girl. And even if you would be happy with just friendship, it doesn't sound like he's got time for that either.

At any rate, he left the farewell party early without taking time to talk with you....so it appears that he's not interested in either a friendship or a relationship with you. Time to let this crush go.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Okay, he definitely does not have a girlfriend at all. He left early because he has packing to do. Lots of guys and girls who know him have told me he does not have a girlfriend and he himself has told lots of people he doesn't have a girlfriend.

He has made time for his friends, so he has time for friendship. He has said he doesn't want a relationship because he is going on holiday. I can wait until after he comes back. I don't care what he does on holiday.

In fact, the work meet up, he didn't speak to lots of people. In fact he just spoke to one or two guys.

Since I have been working 7 days a week with him, I have seen a lot of him. He was working long hours to pay for the holiday.

He has a phone which shows Facebook instantly with real-time updates, so he saw my Facebook request a day ago.

Why is he waiting to accept? Guys, please let me know your viewpoint ...

OK then. The only reason left for him not accepting your request is that he doesn't want to be your friend. Sorry hon, but not everyone wants to be our friends.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by basilandthyme View Post
    OK then. The only reason left for him not accepting your request is that he doesn't want to be your friend. Sorry hon, but not everyone wants to be our friends.
    He's on holiday yes?....maybe he wants to enjoy his holiday and then when he returns ...then fully concentrate on adding you and seeing where it goes. He's a man and if he gets involved with you know it will spoil his holiday shag!! This may be his one bit of fun before he gets stuck into you?

However ...when he gets back from holiday then if he doesn't add you and chat...then accept that he's not interested. You have told of how much you like him...but what has he done to show he likes you back?