+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Only pros, help me please?

Only pros, help me please?

Okay. Here's the deal. Well this time I really want to know opinion of randomass people. Do you think I need to breakup with her? I love her so much but you know I don't think I'm a very good boyfriend. The whole point is I don't want to ruin her life, I do not want her to have no friends just because I'm not a people person, I don't buy gifts for her, I don't give a shit about her friends or about what she has to say about her best friend just because it's in my personality. I really suck at being a good boyfriend. Please tell me what do I do? I know I'll cry my ****ing lungs out if I breakup with her I don't even know my situation. I wish I could explain it in a better way.

The very fact that you want to put yourself through hell just for her sake... means you ARE a good boyfriend So what if you're not the talkative and/or socializing type? You can always change that. Saying its your personality is not the answer! Nor is breaking it off. Instead, try being a nicer boyfriend! Its easy! Women have very few expectations, really.

Remember Important days, gifts aren't as important!
    Leave little "I love you" notes where she would find them
    Send her a card once in a while for no reason

And thats all! Just small meaningful things to show you care. That is all we ever need

Instead of dumping her and hurting both of you, why not try to make more effort? You could go out occasionally with other couples and try to make some new friends and if you feel bad for not getting her gifts, you could always buy her some flowers or save up and take her away for a night?

Its not rocket science. If you want this girl then fight for her. Dont let your own insecurity sabotage something that makes you happy
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".

You are not a bad BF, you just have personality issues. This just isn't about a GF, by the sounds of it over all as a person you struggle socially. This cycle with repeat itself through your life with relationships if you don't do something about it. Instead of just giving up and excusing it as just your personality, get some therapy. You need to seek out a professional to sort this out with what is going on with you, because people around you will not put up with being mistreated. you are insensitive for a reason, go find out why, because it's not usually something you are born with, it's learned behavior which, with therapy, can be reversed.