+ Follow This Topic

Thread: need some advice please

need some advice please

I met this girl at work a couple months ago. After our first date we hung out every day for the next month, even lived at my place for about 3 weeks. I fell for her and after a month of dating I asked her to be my girlfriend. (for job her to ask) Things were great for the first four months besides a few minor hiccups.

The next two months things changed. She was pulling away and wasn’t acting the same. In my own fear and insecurity I started to pursue her more. As a result she started to pull away even more and would be being cold and distant, or even cancelling plans that she made. I tried talking to her about it and that she was not putting in any effort (which never solves anything, should have just pulled away) She hinted at things such as would you still be my friend if we broke up, would u want to just be **** buddies, etc. I asked if she wanted the relationship and she said that if she didn’t want to be in it she would have no problem just walking away. I over pursued instead of just backing off as a confident, abundance-mentality alpha male. She never just canceled plans without offering an alternative day to do something, always answered my texts and calls, I just became frustrated at how little she seemed to care so I brought up the talk that I’m not happy and we both decided to take a break. She was going through some depression at the time, issues with her family, her job wasn’t great, and she was struggling with school. She had a lot on her plate. She said that she sees a future with us together, that she cares about me a lot but that for now we should just focus on ourselves.

We’ve been broken up for the past month and a half and I backed off completely. She always initiates the texts (more than once a week) and at work she’s always around me, eager to talk, flirting, touching me. She heard I went on a date and freaked out (I acted weak and told her I didn’t and that I love her.) So after things settled I asked her to hang out. She said yes and asked at work if I still want to see her. So the evening we are to hang out she doesn’t contact me so I call and she says that it’s late and she doesn’t want to but we ended up talking on the phone for over an hour. We discussed how things moved too fast at first (she broke up with her ex a month before she met me) and that she was scared to make the leap if this was to be a long-term relationship.
    She does still seem interested with her initiating communication and the physical contact so what do I do from here? thanks

any advice?

She wasnt realy ready for anything serious at first since so little time passed after breakup with ex. Seems once she started to have serious feelings for you she backed off. Thats why its been bumpy.
    However you can ask her to be exlusive and serious about relationship or if shes not ready then breakup with her cause you cant live so uncertain. Looks like she did serious damage already.

This guide could help you be more alpha male as you said.

loveforum.net/threads/85672-Guide-How-to-deal-with-breakup
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will