+ Follow This Topic

Thread: My Thoughts On Love

My Thoughts On Love

I don't want to try to bind anyone anymore. I just want to love and be loved. All my life I've put too much on people; so many things I needed them to do, needed them to be...but no one can! It's not fair to them, and it's not fair to me. What does all this mean exactly? I wish I knew; I'm not quite sure. All I know is, all our traditional relationship paradigms don't work. We can't ever truly know someone; sometimes it's because they won't let us in, sometimes because they change, and sometimes it's because they don't even know themselves. So how can we ever really feel at ease with someone? Even if we do achieve it at some point it is a fleeting moment and only disappointment follows. I don't want to coerce someone to be who I want or need them to be. One of the primary tenets of Buddhism is that all suffering in this world comes from desire; desire of the eternal when nothing ever is. Want...that's a funny word. Maybe wanting really is the problem at the root of it all. Maybe wanting is as integral in our nature as suffering seems to be. The Buddhist's solution seems to be to remove ourselves from this world. Well I don't see the point in that. I love life, I even love suffering; I learn from it. This time I've learned that I don't want to be told how I'm supposed to love or be loved anymore. My heart is not like a cup that can be filled and I don't want to treat others like I am able to fill their heart; I just want to give and receive joy in this life. Whether I really believe in an afterlife or not, I do know that I am here now and I just want to make the best of it. It seems reasonable that that's all anyone should want.

Thanks for reading,
    Pano

Ah.....yeah. Whatever dude!

I was there in 2012

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

sit cross legged and say "Ohhhhhhhhhmmmm"
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion