+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Creation / Evolution

Creation / Evolution

Me, raised as a Jehovah's Witness, from 4 -20. At 20, told the parents I didnt believe in God (as an excuse) and no longer wanted to be associated with the religion.

I dont know if you guys are familiar with the religion, but growing us wasnt easy. Especially the social aspect of it. There are lots of rules and restrictions. We had 5 "meetings" a week, and door to door preaching was a must.

All of my "friends" were of the same religion, and associating with "wordly people" was frowned upon. Most kids lived on the fence, saying one thing and doing another.

When i decided to leave(and give up everlasting life) mostly all of my friends were lost.

yada yada yada, life goes on and i make new friends, and i learn not to be so close minded. I start reading about things i wasnt aloud to, and so on.

I just had lunch with a old friend(whom is a JW) and the topic of adam and eve came up. He asked, and i told him that i didnt beleive in the story. Then he brought Noahs ark up, and i had never believed it that. It never made any sense.

He got all pissed of, and tried to threaten me, by saying that I am turning my back from "the truth," and as a result, will not live forever.

I for one, believe in evolution, for the most part. I proceeded to tell him that the bible was a story with some factual information. That one really pissed me off.

So.... Creation, or Evolution?

Evolution. Darwin>all.

Tone Guest
    Creation.

Leaning towards Intelligent Design, but favor teaching of Evolution in public school.

Caprice.

Hayward: Explain, por favor. I don't think you spoke enough to say anything.
    :-D

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Yeah so some dude packed every possible land animal in existence on a boat and managed to feed them all, carnivore and herbivore alike without them killin' eachother and without spreading disease.

What's not to believe?

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Evolution all the way.

Fossils show that dinosaurs lived millions of years before humans came along.....and for those of you that have read Genesis, God supposedly created animals and humans within the same week as each other (which means that humans/dinosaurs would've been living at the same time). Science clearly discredits this. Unless you want to argue the fact that fossils were planted by government scientists with some evolution conspiracy theory going on.

I think not.

If people want to think they are going to 'hell' and stress themselves out for their entire lives by following the words of some 2000 year old book written by a bunch of long-dead religious fanatics, then let them. Not my cup of tea.

alien intervention.

I am not a fan of Creationism, but it is only fair to acknowledge that not all Creationists take a literal view of bible stories. In fact, many deeply religious people don't take bible stories literally.

Quote Originally Posted by shh!
    Hayward: Explain, por favor. I don't think you spoke enough to say anything.
    :-D
    Caprice = An impulsive change of mind.
    Speak less. Say more.

I know what the word means, but I am unsure why you used it.
    And it is good to see you around again. (kisses)

Ellynn is offline Love Gurus
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Creation..

I have nothing against Jehovah Witnesses......but I do realize how strict it is....and I think you should be able to enjoy holidays and things......w/o worrying about giving them too much praise that your betraying God. I think God made all of that stuff for us to enjoy....

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Or did he create pleasure as a means of tempting us to sin?

Hmmm...

Clever bastard.

Evolution.

I am no longer religious either..though I used to be. Mainly it was a matter of seeing only one side of the story. When you educate yourself as to other points of view you see that you have other choices. Perhaps this is why they frown upon you picking up other literature which may discredit what a certain religion wants you to believe.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast