+ Follow This Topic

Thread: My ex agreed to meet and talk about the breakup, how should I go about this?

My ex agreed to meet and talk about the breakup, how should I go about this?

Me and my girlfriend literally broke up only 2 days ago, and I know that's absolutely no time at all and I should probably be laying off. But I haven't been to pushy about it, I've been calmly talking to her trying to figure out the situation. I swear, 3 days ago she was telling me how in love with me she was and the next it's over, just like that. She says what sparked it is that I texted her ex-boyfriend asking if they still talked and hung out, since I caught them talking a few months back. But that was 2 days ago, now she says it's because it's the wrong timing, she wants to be friends and just needs space. Which I think is girl code for "it's over, I'm not interested in you anymore". Although, she agreed to come talk to me and drive around for a bit, at first I took this as a beacon of hope, because I thought it met maybe she was going to give me the chance to try and get back together with her. I don't think that's the case anymore though, I think she wants to tell me that we can just be friends... which no one really wants to hear let's face it; I realize it's better then nothing though. I sent her this text this morning, which probably was on the pushy side, and didn't help. But here it is: "This doesn't change the whole meeting up and talking, even if you don't. But do you have any intention on getting back together with me?" She responded with "I just need space, I'm sorry, We'll still talk though". She then responded again, "We'll talk, I'll explain everything, hopefully it will clear up some unanswered questions"

So my question is, how should I go about this when I do meet up with her; should I give it my all to try and heal this and get back together? She honestly means the world to me, & this girl has been crazy for me for the last 3 years. I don't see how she could possibly just stop being interested.

Or should I go with plan B, and go talk to her, listen to what she says, if there's a changing that needs done about me, I agree to do it. If not, then I try and settle things as good as I can with her so I can move on as better than I'd be able to if I just kept begging her.

I'm in a bit a rutt here! Thanks for any of the help

Plan B. You have to let her talk to you because assuming things will get you nowhere and cause you more anxiety. And no one likes to deal with someone who is desperate so you need to keep your kool.

In my opinion, I think you should call the whole thing off and leave her before she has chance to own the situation.

Sorry to tell you this but it's over, she's not interested in you anymore. That may be abit harsh but it's true I was in the same situation as you months back. I'll put it as plainly as possible, she owns you right now and she is making all the decisions.

When a woman says she's need space, its just a way of saying "I don't know how to break up or get away from you"

What you need to do is take the situation back, tell her your not going to meet and if she wants to break up than that's fine, but take your balls back.

It will hurt for awhile but you'll be fine in the long run. Also it will drive her crazy, not to begin with but it will definitely start to make her think of you more.

Whilst your hanging out the back of some other girl 😜

Quote Originally Posted by suddenlynothing View Post
    In my opinion, I think you should call the whole thing off and leave her before she has chance to own the situation.

Sorry to tell you this but it's over, she's not interested in you anymore. That may be abit harsh but it's true I was in the same situation as you months back. I'll put it as plainly as possible, she owns you right now and she is making all the decisions.

When a woman says she's need space, its just a way of saying "I don't know how to break up or get away from you"

What you need to do is take the situation back, tell her your not going to meet and if she wants to break up than that's fine, but take your balls back.

It will hurt for awhile but you'll be fine in the long run. Also it will drive her crazy, not to begin with but it will definitely start to make her think of you more.

Whilst your hanging out the back of some other girl 
    You may be right, maybe she isn't interested in me anymore. But honestly, I don't think feeling like that just drop out of no where. Maybe I'm in denial, but why is she constantly still texting me, asking if I'm okay and if I'm mad at her? Look, when it comes down to it. I know how much I'm worth, which is a whole lot and I know how great of a catch I am. And I'm not trying to sound cocky, but I know my self worth. If I 100% need to move on, then I will. Because you're right, I know I'll be fine in the long run. But if I also have the opportunity to fix this before things completely fly out of the door.. then I'm willing to take that risk. If you're right and she doesn't want anything to do with me, then really what do I have to lose by attempting to get her back?

We were together a year ago, and she told me almost the same thing; I need to be alone and independant and I just need space. So I literally didn't text or call her for 2 months. We got back together in February and she was crazy for me all over again. She told me those whole two months she wanted me to text her and try and work things out, even though she's the one who broke up with me. Maybe her saying that was bullshit, and it was just her own insecurity. But do I really wanna make the mistake of not texting her again and giving up something I know is good?

If it's already happened once it will happen again. She seems immature, your probably right it is good. I'm the sex is good too, but that not the most important thing. Shocking I know, I found that out the hard why (no pun intended)

Just do whatever you think is right. If she is constantly hot and cold then she doesn't know what she wants.

Make sure you do

I think she just wants to give you closure, but wants to collect herself before she does it. I say just hear her out, then tell her you want to move on and not to contact you again.