+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Short tempered?

Short tempered?

Have anyone been in a relationship with a short tempered person? What do they do or say to you when they explode? How do you deal with it?

My boyfriend is very defensive and short tempered and I find the best way to deal with him is to remain calm, ask him why he's getting short tempered and ask him not too and try to sit and talk to me in a responsible, mature manner. It usually works but on the odd occasion it doesn't, I say to him who the *** do you think you're talking too like that and because I'm usually the calm one it has a shock effect and he immediately calms down.

Have you got any examples of when this has happened and how you've dealt with it so far?

Quote Originally Posted by bessieb View Post
    My boyfriend is very defensive and short tempered and I find the best way to deal with him is to remain calm, ask him why he's getting short tempered and ask him not too and try to sit and talk to me in a responsible, mature manner. It usually works but on the odd occasion it doesn't, I say to him who the *** do you think you're talking too like that and because I'm usually the calm one it has a shock effect and he immediately calms down.

Have you got any examples of when this has happened and how you've dealt with it so far?

I really don't know what to do when he gets mad, I feel like I've tried everything. If I talk back to him, he gets even more upset, but if I agree with everything he says he gets upset too because he says I'm just giving him bs.

When things get bad I get panic attacks, and when that happens he will say something like "look what u did to yourself" and he gets mad about that, but if I actually managed to stay calm, he gets fired up about how I'm not listening to him and I'm shutting his opinions out.

I actually just argued with him just right now. It was because I wanted to meet my group partner to discuss our project. He said he don't see the point of us meeting up when we can just discuss everything on the phone. So I told him I get what he's saying but I still want to meet up and he got mad saying I'm too stuck in a whole to even listen to what he has to say.

It really gets very stressful..

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Life is too short to be with someone that causes you more stress than happiness. Something to think about.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

My response would be to walk away. I wouldn't want a relationship with someone who has those type of issues.

Edited to add: it sounds like your guy has control issues....and then gets mad when you won't do as he says. I really think you'd be better off away from him.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

He's mentally and emotionally abusing you. GET RID of HIM before it turns uglier.

Why would you want to be in a relationship that gives you more stress than happiness???