+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Seems Like My Boyfriend Is Treating His Sister In Law Better Than Me. Please Help

Seems Like My Boyfriend Is Treating His Sister In Law Better Than Me. Please Help

I know the title may seem out of whack, but this is truly based off of my observations. I will add some tidbits from a previous issue I had. I used to live with my boyfriend, his brother, his sister in law, and their 2 kids. My boyfriend is paying half of their rent of a townhouse because they are trying to raise their credit score. But I decided to move out after 2 months of living there because I could not take the awkwardness. My boyfriend would always insist that I need to talk to his sister in law. I tried and tried. But I ran out of things to talk about with her. Then he tried to tell me "you look like you have an attitude on your face when you talk to her!" etc etc. Im like "wtf are you talking about? I asked her to hang out many times, (we hung out once but that was it) and after asking her to hang out more, she never got around to it. One day she was like "i have a sunday date with the girls." ok. So eff hanging out with me huh? Anyways a couple days before I moved out my boyfriends brother asked if I had a mattress. I say "yeah air mattress." and he was giving advice on where to get matress. And 3 days later that DAY i was moving out, it was so weird bc his brother asked again if i had a matress. I said again "air mattress." and he snickered and said "air mattress" as if it was funny. Mind you, his wife was right there. SO i feel they were both being fake. Then my boyfriend asked them "you guys wanna come over and check the place out?" Um, hello I'M the one moving out. Why are you inviting them to MY place boyfriend?? And the brother and sister in law say "ok we'll be over tomorrow. I'll try to find a gift card for you so you can get some things." In my head i wasnt expecting them to show up, as fake as they are. Needless to say, they never showed up.
    Fast forward to now, I still have to visit my boyfriends brother house bc my BOYFRIEND still LIVES there. It is SOOO awkward. I visited earlier this week and I was the first to tell the sister in law "hi." and then there was just silence. We were literally in the same room too. My boyfriend is still saying I'm the one being awkward. He doesnt realize that I'm not comfortable being around them, epsecially because of what happened the day I moved out. Its like that entire situation went over his head. He still saying I was just on my phone texting and not talking to her. One last scenario is one day we were leaving from there to go to my place, and before we left he tells his sister in law "what are you cooking? smells good. wish i could stay and eat." and then he goes on to say "im going to (my girlfriends) house, I just dont wanna be late for work." his job is right down the street from my place. So im like boyfriend do you really have to KISS BUTT to her all the time? It makes it seem like you are using me bc your job is just right down the street. Why is he so scared/butt kissing to her?? someone please help!

We told you the last time to dump him..

Are you sure hes not screwing her? Her coldness towards you and his obsession with her is a red flag..
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".

Yea... that's it. Hes screwing her O.o so break up with him. Let every one of you sigh a sigh of relief that you're out of one another's lives.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion