+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: So i got cheated on

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Being objective about relationships is easier said than done, Clicker. Anyway, at least you can say to yourself you were willing to give it your all. You are far from the first person who knew s/he *should* end a relationship but decided to try again...

Learn from this experience. 'Trying' is admirable only to a point. Make sure you know the difference between trying with a hope of achieving success and not letting go from fear of failure.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by Clicker View Post
    You hit the nail on the head there. She just broke up with me. But i think i feel better about it. Should've just listened to the majority. I feel like a chump big time
    This turned out for the best, she ultimately made a decision instead of dragging your heart through it longer while she tried to make up her mind. She is no longer wasting your time.

Man she lied to you and then when truth came out she said shes willing to do anything to make it work and now she broken up with you. Lies all the way, you cant trust people like that. Good it ended.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

Sorry your hurting but its likely for the best. Theres someone better out there for you. Good luck
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".

i blame the lesbian. this was probably meant to be a girls only function so that situations like these might be avoided. the girl knew she had a boyfriend (most likely) but still took advantage of your drunk, vulnerable girlfriend.

your girlfriend needs to stay far away from people who are willing to take advantage of her. drunken indiscretion is a relationship killer. a sign of unresolved issues.

i blame the lesbian too! she ruined our relationship. My (ex) girlfriend was always a little different after that and i was trying so hard to get our relationship back on track. And now she says she needs to be able to love herself before she can love anyone else. And i honestly want to be with her but i want her to be happy too. This sucks. But i hope you guys are right it's for the best

What was her reason for breaking up with you after she begged you to forgive her and stay with her? "Needs to be able to love herself?" She needs to be able to love just one person or find someone like herself who is not sussed about monogamy.

Yes, it's for the best you two were totally incompatible in a core way.

Adding: Sorry you're hurting but for all that is good remember if nothing else this one lesson: It takes more then loving someone to make a relationship work.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and don't "blame the lesbian." It was the lesbian that saved you from carrying on with someone that you would be wasting your emotions on. Your girlfriend is the one that cheated, it was just the "lesbian" that enabled the cheating. Short of rape your gf is just as culpable. If you accept that then it will be easier for you to get over her when she's not standing on a pedestal.

Hope you feel better soon.
    Last edited by Wakeup; 20-05-14 at 11:43 PM.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Actually man the problem was that she didn't respect you and it culminated in cheating. It wasnt the lesbians fault. It started long before that and given chance she used it.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

I honestly don't know. She says everything she does revolves around me. Like the way she does her hair and what cothes she wears she always wonders if i'll like it. And for some reason she hates that. She said she wants to think for herself. And she wants to love herself. We're still talking and she's confusing me more and more. She said she wants us to be there for eachother and we can talk whenever i want, and we will see where it goes from there.

I want to be with her so badly.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok, i did some reading online and i feel way better. I am going to give her time like she wants. (i can't see us getting back together but i'm not going to rule it out.) Thanks again for letting me talk about this

My dear Clicker: Please do yourself a favour and stop talking to her all together. If she has you for her emotional tampon if you keep talking to her. She is one mixed up little girl and someone who doesn't know what they want makes one piss poor relationship prospect. She will keep you stagnated and hoping and unable to be clear in mind and heart to find another woman that knows what she is, knows she wants you.

I want to be with her so badly.
    Yes, so badly that you overlook the obvious. Step away and get your head on straight. She is just confusing you and trying to keep you around for her emotional tampon.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

i honestly think she is confused and not knowing what she wants. I don't think she is doing this on purpose. Our relationship before this lesbian night was really good. I don't think i've ever been happier honestly. I don't think shes as conniving as you think. I think shes confused. But i think you're right. I think i'm finally ready to just forget about this. I wasn't just upset about losing her. I lost so many summer plans also. I think i was hoping we could just spend the summer together. Which is selfish of me, but maybe it's time to ride my bicycle more haha

i honestly think she is confused and not knowing what she wants. I don't think she is doing this on purpose. Our relationship before this lesbian night was really good. I don't think i've ever been happier honestly. I don't think shes as conniving as you think. I think shes confused. But i think you're right. I think i'm finally ready to just forget about this. I wasn't just upset about losing her. I lost so many summer plans also. I think i was hoping we could just spend the summer together. Which is selfish of me, but maybe it's time to ride my bicycle more haha
    Like I said someone who doesn't know what they want makes a very poor relationship prospect.

I think i'm finally ready to just forget about this
    That is what is in your own best emotional interests. Keep busy with your friends doing fun things this summer.

Typical-she took the decision out of your hands making you the dumpee which ultimately makes you want her more coz us humans take rejection badly. Its just another selfish, manipulative act on her part. Here you are devastated over her. Look shes not worth it. You can do a lot better than this. I know its hard but stay strong. You will get through this
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".

fcuk that lesbian.

- - - Updated - - -

people are weak and vulnerable inherently and here comes the devil to screw it all up.

You have a couple of months to meet someone else that would love to go riding with you.....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123