+ Follow This Topic

Thread: It's been SO long!

It's been SO long!

I was in a relationship for around a year with a guy. The relationship was full of constant ups and downs, fights, and drama, but I loved him a lot all the same. I wasn't super young while with him, in my late 20s, and had even had a much longer relationship (7 years) prior to being with him. We broke up well over a year ago and I have not seen him since then.

We went no contact after a couple of weeks, but there was still a lot of heart ache, confusion, and occasional moments of weakness where we'd sort of check in on the other without saying anything, usually through a friend or something. After 6 long months of no contact, he randomly reached out to me one day last summer and things seemed pretty peaceful between us. We didn't discuss relationship things or anything like that, but we were able to talk without there being any drama.

Shortly after that, he moved very far away for a job and we stopped talking. He occasionally would reach out to me to say hi, but I didn't really ever say much back. I'm not sure why exactly, because I cared about him a lot, but maybe I worried it would reopen a wound.

I'm in a relationship with someone else now. I don't feel the same way for him as I did my ex. I like this guy a lot and I feel like we work together well, but it lacks that same fire and soap opera factor that I had with the last relationship... which I know is probably for the best. Last night, while bored and on the computer, I went to check out my ex's Facebook profile (not something I have ever really done aside from one or two times) and discovered that he had blocked me.

My reaction was to feel really hurt. I don't know why I still feel this way. It's been over a year. I know I shouldn't be with him. I know it would just be bad for me. But I still have these feelings of love. They aren't the same type of love feelings as I have for my ex who I was with for 7 years. Do these feelings ever go away? Is it fair to be with someone else and have them? I feel like a terrible person for it... I would never get back into a relationship with this guy but my heart seems to think I would even though I know I wouldn't.

It's been SO long!

Just sounds like your a little and don't really know what you want. Maybe a break from men might do you good, concentrate on yourself for awhile. See how you feel after that

Right or wrong, whenever my past relationships are over I close that chapter and never reopen it, even partly. Doesn't serve any good purpose at all to stay in touch. So don't look back, don't contact the guy and if he contacts you ignore him. You need to look forward and stop living in the past.

Maybe you dont feel something deeper for new guy coz your not ready or hes just not your type.. I agree you should take more time figuring out what you want and it shouldnt be a relationship full of drama. Thats not healthy for anyone.

You will get over your ex in time but you have to help yourself too and accept its really over which means no contact. He did the right thing blocking you. Its what everyone should do after a breakup
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".