+ Follow This Topic

Thread: gf gives me gas money to see her

gf gives me gas money to see her

What are your thoughts on this, do I really have a good one? I love this girl to death and for her to use the money that she works for just to see me is awesome

Sooo... if you think it's awesome, what do you care what we think?

Do you have your own money for gas? Are you ok with taking the money? Does she have enough money to be giving you money? Can you both afford to split the cost 50/50?

From you question it seems like you aren't totally comfortable with taking the money so I think you should consider my questions and talk to her about it because you don't want this being a bigger issue later...

I don't have my own money for gas as I am in a bind right now, got arrested and lost my job, I am currently looking for one as we speak. I paid her back one time for the gas money she gave me and she said I didn't have to do it but I wanted to. I don't really like taking the money because I'm the guy and the guys are the ones who do the spending I guess but she understands what is going on right now in my life.

What is your question, mrwtf? It seems like this arrangement is working for you, so why do you want to know what a bunch of strangers online think about it?

I don't think I would like to take money from my girlfriend. I think it would make me feel indebted to her and I would end up resenting her. Independence is very important to me, but everyone is different. She must value something about you to pay for you to get to her.

Quote Originally Posted by mrwtf View Post
    What are your thoughts on this, do I really have a good one? I love this girl to death and for her to use the money that she works for just to see me is awesome
    What are you doing or not doing that you cant find your own way to see her?

Personally, I don't mind helping but its get to a point, like wtf? If you want to see me you find a way to come see me. I'm not that pressed to see anyone that I'm going to keep footing the bill. This is why I don't date guys that are financially unstable. I get it, sometimes you don't got it. Key word: Sometimes, not nearly as often as you seem to lack OP.

But that's on ya'll, whatever floats your boat.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by mrwtf View Post
    A lot of guys would find it emasculating. If I were her, I would rather be with a man who were willing to move mountains to see me. I guess she isn't thinking about how she will remember this in the long run.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

How long have you been dating her? If it's less then 5 years I'd consider that a red flag regarding her emotional stability and inability to be alone so deeply that she pays for your company.

... but, ya... whatever floats y'alls boats.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

lalalita Guest
    I'm old fashioned. I don't believe men should take money from women. With that said, I'm also very quick to help people in need, especially if in a relationship with them. I've been in the same situation as your girlfriend. Men who I cared about deeply who just "were going through a rough time". Let me tell you, it becomes old very quickly always footing the bill. I have no problems helping someone out, but if a man doesn't take the steps to better his life and get on his own feet, it is very unattractive. A few months of needing to help out? Fine. If a few months turns into prolonged stretches of time...no thanks....I'm no sugar mama.

Also, if she's giving you money, are you doing anything in return for her? At least verbally?