+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Why don't they understand it from my point of view?

Why don't they understand it from my point of view?

I know a lot of you are likely to say "it's just the internet kid" but it really does frustrate me.

There's nobody offline that I can get advice from.
    My only friend whose not dead is having the same issues as me so it's gonna be tough for him to help me out.
    As for my dad, let's just say he's not being a proper Dad right now.

Any who, I posted this on Yahoo Answers:

"Why is being a sensitive nice guy such a bad thing?!?
    Women just confuse me! And no offense but some other guys don't help either!

They say they want someone who's sweet to them and shows that they care and when they get one, they freak out, they want a tough guy but his confidence and ego is too macho and immature, it irritates her.

Just please tell me ladies, just tell me before I smash my head against a brick wall...
    WHAT DO YOU ACTUALLY WANT???!!

I posted a question, pouring my heart out. I'm depressed and heart broken and it seriously is driving to the point where I want to stop living. That's right, end my life!

Laugh all you want, bash and scold me, I'm only human!!

I just want what other people want, something I've never even had, love but it seems like it's too f---ing to get!

She was the only person I had left in my life and she made me happy. My family ditched me, 2 of my greatest friends are dead. Cut me some slack will ya?!?!!

If you had met her and knew her as well as I did, you'd be madly in love with her too. +if it weren't for her, I wouldn't be alive right now so I'm dedicated to her as "scary" as that makes you think!!"

I went back to your previous posts to get some context here.

The way you describe your behaviour would not be classified as 'sensitive'. Instead, I'm seeing someone who has problems regulating their own emotions and who does not understand how his own behaviour will affect other people. For example, the girl who told you about her problems....and then you got all distressed and upset and crying and ended up in hospital.....well, she now feels WORSE because she's now got you to worry about as well as her own issues. Think about this for a moment - would you really expect her to come back to you after you did this response?

I believe you would benefit from seeing a pyschologist. A psychologist can give you strategies to help you regulate your behaviour and emotions. They can also help you learn socially appropriate responses.

Edited to add: What do I want? In the context of me having a problem....I want a guy who will pour me a glass of wine and just LISTEN while I get it off my chest. Then we will continue onto different topics and he will not worry about me - for I am quite capable of looking after my own problems. I certainly do not want a guy who will get upset for me and just add to my issues.
    Last edited by basilandthyme; 23-05-14 at 07:37 AM.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Andrew...just going out on a limb here - and I mean absolutely no offence

Would it be fair to say that you struggle with the unwritten rules of maintaining friendships and relationships?
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by basilandthyme View Post
    Andrew...just going out on a limb here - and I mean absolutely no offence

Would it be fair to say that you struggle with the unwritten rules of maintaining friendships and relationships?
    "unwritten rules of maintaining friendships and relationships?" - what does that actually mean?

I don't have problems with making friends, I'm good at making friends, it's just relationships I have trouble with.