+ Follow This Topic

Thread: need hepl with the conversation

need hepl with the conversation

I am a girl with so much rules in her house ,not allowed to date so I wanted to try online dating with people I already Know,but are in a different place how can I carry a good conversation where the guy doesn't get bored,and seem not to have anything to say .need advise ,tips how to keep the chat interesting ,funny ,catchy,even friendly disagreements and to be flirty,yet decent .I am a very shy person with not much confidence and get a blank head when I try to think of topics to that would impress and to give a ground from nice conversation to get to know each other better,on a better level.Please tips to make him want to chat with me .I usually freeze when it comes to guys I like ,I am really shy.need help .I want to have an engaging conversation ,so please give me ideas

Tone Guest
    You want us to tell you how to be yourself?

K...

lilwing89 Guest
    STEP 1.walk around the block naked and get your parents mad by doing so.

STEP 2. stop talking to online faggot(this'll NEVER work out..specially if you are a teen like i think you are)

STEP 3. now that your parents are mad at you and prolly hate you because your not a perfect little angel, go out and break all the rules needed to be yourself. and nothing but...

if you dont follow that you will prolly stay with the person and uh get really heartbroken when you become attached. you are OBVIOUSLY desperate and just talking to the person because you feel that is your last resort. make a better choice than that..you dont want that..do you??
    as hard as it is, just do it. we know you can.

lilwing89 Guest
    there is only ONE rule.

Rule number one:
    There is no rules.

Rule #1: There is no such thing as online "dating".
    ---------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------

Ellynn is offline Love Gurus
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    You can talk to people online...but if you don't actually get to know them in person and have that attraction and then decide to go out....then its not dating.

My friend in high school had strict parents. They were strict cuz they didn't want her getting pregnant and running off with some guy in high school. There biggest fear I guess. She still had bfs in school........or she would say she was going to hang out with some friends and would meet up with her bf. Funny thing is the min we graduated and she turned 18.....she ended up moving out....getting pregnant right away....and then married.

I never understand why parents do that to their kids. Let them live a little but then be sure to let them know the consequences of having sex etc. Otherwise the kids will just rebel.

As for your conversation issues.....it was tough at me at first. But when you find something the two of you have in common or talk about an issue....conversation comes naturally. I know it usually helped me back then when I was shy......dating an outgoing person. He would keep the conversation moving and eventually I would come out of my shell.....

Usually, I have no problems when it comes to conversation, however, when I do, it is only because I really like this person and I don't want to blow it... The best advise that I could give you, is to find out what the two of you have in common, then talk about that.

Family, is usually a good topic, everyone has one.. Topics to avoid are religon, unless you aggree and see eye to eye. Remember, you don't always have to keep the conversation going, if there is a little silence in the conversation, it is ok... Especially if you are looking into each others eyes.
    They may forget what you said, but, they will never forget how you made them feel ...

well,thanks for the rude comments some put,and thanks for putting my hopes down the drain ,in other words you are saying I am doomed for life never to find love ,anyway I am not a teenager ,I am in my twenties with a closed minded father ,that allows me nothing in life,I don't go out with friends and he takes where ever I go and I don't live in the states and its my only chance to meet somebody .I really have no other option other meeting people online ,and I already know the guy,so the attraction part on my behalf is there ,we used go to the same school but now he is in another country for 5 years ,I am trying to keep in touch with him ,but I feel we really have nothing to say I feel we have not much to say.I wanted to keep the conversation spicy ,interesting and funny that he would love to talk to me more .any ideas what topics would appeal to guys in their mid twenties .

couragous----"any ideas what topics would appeal to guys in their mid twenties".

Don't think age makes much difference. I find guys are just guys. They seem to like the usually stuff of cars, comics, movies, girls, basketball/hockey/sport, wrestlemania and PS2. And when they have a bowl of peanuts/pop-corn, they start pelting each other with it.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Where are you from?

well, I am from Jordan .I just want topics that seem appealing to him,because it seems on IM we don't say much,we are friends but I am hoping for more.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by couragous
    well, I am from Jordan .I just want topics that seem appealing to him,because it seems on IM we don't say much,we are friends but I am hoping for more.
    Jordan? Damn that's over in the mid east. Last I heard it's pretty hot over there.

So wait, is this dude you talk to from another country?

no ,he is from jordon but is traveling to another country for 5 years

Ellynn is offline Love Gurus
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I'm sorry....we weren't really quite aware of your age.....just the situation. Guys in their 20s IMO are easier to talk to then high school guys. Just talk about anything. I know online I can talk to people alot easier then in person. Heck I talk to guys all the time online. Its usually in person that is the problem at first......but I tend to try to date more outgoing guys so that they bring me out of my shell and then we can keep the conversation going.

Quote Originally Posted by couragous
    I don't think we can give you topics that will engage him...cuz we don't know him..nor do we know what he likes to talk about. You on the other hand know him well.... the problem is though that if you guys are very different and you try to talk about things he likes and you don't know much about them...then the conversations obviously won't be engaging. If you really like him you can always look up information on things he's into and liek become more aware, but once again unless you enjoy it too...it'll just be boring. Usually when i talk to people i know online, i tell them about what's going on in my life. I'm sure you have SOME funny/interesting stories to tell him.....you can discuss current events, ask him about his life and things he's passionate about...you can ask him things you don't know about him...tell him things about you that you want him to know...these are just examples...once again anything you enjoy and he enjoys works...and if you don't know what he likes...then you might wanna ask him that!
    And since you know you cannot see yourself,
    so well as by reflection, I, your glass,
    will modestly discover to yourself,
    that of yourself which you yet know not of.