+ Follow This Topic

Thread: in love with my best friend

in love with my best friend

Hello, so I have known this girl for 2 years, it started out in class and we have become the closest friends since then. When I met her, she had just began a relationship with someone and that ended several months ago. I started having feelings for her pretty much right after I met her and got to know her, realizing that we have almost everything in common and have always thought we would be a perfect match. Anyway, she told me (when she was in a relationship) that he was her best friend before they started dating, so I thought that might happen between us. Instead, she found out my feelings for her by a friend and pretty much friend zoned me. But we still act normal and went to a baseball game together and we just went to the park today. Unfortunately, she started dating a guy who she had never met until he started texting her and initially she wasn't interested, but started dating him behind my back because she knew it would hurt my feelings.

She always tells me how she only acts herself around me and that I'm am the best person she knows and I make her laugh. If we started dating, nothing in our current relationship would change except for physical stuff.

We are going to the same college and I can't get over this girl because we are so close. and her dating her best friend before keeps me optimistic.

What should I do and how?
    -heartbroken, lovesick Jaquiz

This is always a tricky one... I think you need to decide what means more to you, your happiness or hers. If you value her friendship then I'd say leave it and try to get over her, which I know is easier said than done but you can do it... If you really love her then you'd want her to be happy and if this guy makes her happy then let her be, things might change in the future because feelings can change but for know just be the best friend to her you can be and enjoy her friendship, don't let your feelings for her get in the way of what sounds like a good friendship

She knows that you have feelings for her and she already told you that she doesn't feel the same way. I think you should go no contact and move on. I know it's tough, falling for your best friend, and it's very difficult to accept that even though you seem to be a perfect match, she still won't agree to date you. Unfortunately, being soul mates isn't enough - there has to be physical attraction, too. She isn't physically attracted to you and this is why she (rightfully) doesn't want to date you. I'm sorry. You'll find someone else, your life is just beginning .