+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Hindu Girl Dating White Guy -- Need Advice

Hindu Girl Dating White Guy -- Need Advice

Hello everyone!

I'm a 22 year old hindu girl and I've been dating my boyfriend for a little over 3 years now. It's finally came to the point where we want to take it to the next step but I haven't told my family about him. I know that they wouldn't accept him NOR us. I just really don't know what to do or what to say to get them to come around... I don't even know how to start the conversation. It's not easy as it is because my boyfriend just last year moved 2,500 miles away because he got an amazing job on an island (he even flew me down to see him for 10 days) and I didn't want him to not take it. I, of course, want what's best for his life too. What do I do? How do I do it? I'm so scared... I feel like as human beings, we've come far enough to not let this matter... but in the Hindu community it really really does. Why is everyone's opinion about me and my family so much more important that my own happiness? Can someone please help me out... ?

I feel for you. I can't imagine how hard it is for you

Sounds like your family is living in the past. You have to do what your heart tells you. You only have one life & it's yours, not your families!

If you love this guy & leave him for your family you will hold it against your family for the rest of your life. Will you be truly happy? or loving in regret?

Try think about it this way if you make the break & show your family you are living in the year 2014 they will have two options 1. loose you or 2. accept it. Put the ball in their court.

& think of your younger brothers/sidters, nephew & nieces in the future. When your family comes around to it (the sooner better than later for your sake) your younger family members will be able to choose who they want to be with in the future not who they are expected to be with.

Your family might call you the black sheep now & make you feel guilt however in the future you will be known as a pioneer!

Good luck