+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What Do You Fear?

What Do You Fear?

Okay, so, this thread idea kind of just spawned out of a conversation I was having with my one friend about fears. I don't remember anyone (in my time) creating one, so I'm curious... What do you fear? Do you know why you fear it? How long have you had that fear?

Just to clarify, it can be anything small like spiders or roller coasters, or it can be anything large like commitment or having children. However much you want to share is up to you, entirely.

I'll start:
    Since I was about six or seven, I've been terrified of heights. There is a carnival that comes to town every year, and it has a fun house with those ridiculous rope bridges. When I was around that age, every time my brother and I went on that ride, he would shake the bridge while I was crossing it. It would eventually get to the point where I would freeze in the middle and just look down. :S

I have others, though- I also fear losing people from my life. But I'm trying to work on that one with my therapist.

I fear -- That there isn't too much of a community on this website rofl, if my thread is any proof =) also I fear being shot in a robbery or my girl and baby dying.

I have a fear of drowning that I've had since I was 7. Mainly because I have this reoccurring dream where I'm swimming in the lake with my brother and we keep diving underwater and seeing who could go deepest. The last time I dive under, I go really deep and turn around and see the sun on the surface but the more I try to swim towards it the further it goes. I still have that dream to this day. And I'm always 7. And I always wake up short of breath or even gasping sometimes. ****ing hate it man.

Oh also scared of clowns. Idk why. They're just creepy as hell.

I can understand those fears, guys.

And I agree with you, nico. Clowns are really creepy.

Right? **** clowns. They're all like one balloon animal away from being pedophiles..or you know..eating you alive and shit.

I sometimes fear that my happiness and stability could suddenly face strong adversities (had a few ups and downs in my life) or that something could happen to someone dear to me and I couldn't help much (I lost some people before their time in the past). I don't often fear these though, cause I'm real happy with how things are in my life :-)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by nico88 View Post
    I have a fear of drowning that I've had since I was 7. Mainly because I have this reoccurring dream where I'm swimming in the lake with my brother and we keep diving underwater and seeing who could go deepest. The last time I dive under, I go really deep and turn around and see the sun on the surface but the more I try to swim towards it the further it goes. I still have that dream to this day. And I'm always 7. And I always wake up short of breath or even gasping sometimes. ****ing hate it man.

Oh also scared of clowns. Idk why. They're just creepy as hell.
    Sounds like a past life memory. As long as it does not interfere with your quality of life and it remains a dream, there's nothing to worry about.

I fear spiders. Cause when I was a kid my sister put giant spider behind my shirt. Also I fear to fail at my career, dont pass exams or dont find a job. Also I fear about my mothers health, shes been going to doctors every day now and stress at work is killing her.

I fear that membership at loveforum will be a must and we wont be able to post without buying it.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

I fear public speaking and I have to do that on Monday in front of over 200 people. I have bad stage fright.

Quote Originally Posted by Valixy View Post
    Sounds like a past life memory. As long as it does not interfere with your quality of life and it remains a dream, there's nothing to worry about.
    Shit that's cool. Do you know a lot about past lives? I've been really into the idea of em recently. I have a lot of memories growing up that my mom or the rest of my family is always like "Nico that shit never happened".

For example I swear to god I sliced my thumb open real good when I was lil and needed stitches(I have a ****ing scar there and everything ) and she tells me that never happened.

And that's just one example. There's a ton of shit I remember growing up that she just doesn't. I always thought she just had a horrible memory or I just had a crazy ass imagination. But idk anymore.

If you do have any information on past lives I could look into pm me them or post a link or something, Ok Valixy?

- - - Updated - - -

Oh ps good luck with your public speaking monday, chinagirl

Quote Originally Posted by nico88 View Post
    Shit that's cool. Do you know a lot about past lives? I've been really into the idea of em recently. I have a lot of memories growing up that my mom or the rest of my family is always like "Nico that shit never happened".

For example I swear to god I sliced my thumb open real good when I was lil and needed stitches(I have a ****ing scar there and everything ) and she tells me that never happened.

And that's just one example. There's a ton of shit I remember growing up that she just doesn't. I always thought she just had a horrible memory or I just had a crazy ass imagination. But idk anymore.

If you do have any information on past lives I could look into pm me them or post a link or something, Ok Valixy?
    Your story gets more and more interesting, Nico88, unfortunately I haven't read enough about this as to advise you, but there are many good reliable books on this subject. Many Lives Many Masters, by Brian Weiss, was one of the first and it has become a classic.

This is also an intresting story:

Or this:

[url]http://www.afterlifetv.com/2013/09/05/past-life-memories-lead-to-reunion-with-children-from-previous-life/[/url]

Thanks Nico... All the big shots will be there. So it's a make it or break it for me :-)

Damn that's gotta be the coolest story I've ever heard. And I'll have to check out that book at this store down the block from me. The dude who runs it is sort of a new age hippie. Chillest guy I've ever met. I'm sure he can recommend some titles as well. Thanks Valixy.

Chinagirl: I bet you'll kick ass. Let us know how it goes..

Going blind and dying in a fire... particularly in a house fire.
    “If you worry about what might be, and wonder what might have been, you will ignore what is.”

Quote Originally Posted by "Valixy" View Post
    Actually, now that you brought that up, a friend of mine was hypnotized by a professional once to get glimpses of his past lives.. I forget exactly what the process is called, but he told me that when they put you under like that, your mind usually focuses on how you died in your past life. He had two very graphic memories when he was put under. In the first, it was sometime that he thought was around the 1600's because of how the people were dressed, and they were going to burn him at the stake for free thinking crimes. And the next one was a little later but still before the modern age (He guessed it was maybe the 1800's.), and I think in that one he was either dying of disease in prison or dying of disease in his bed. I can't remember what he said the second one was exactly, but he was thoroughly disturbed when he was brought out of the hypnosis.

Quote Originally Posted by "chinagirl" View Post
    I fear public speaking and I have to do that on Monday in front of over 200 people. I have bad stage fright.
    I know that fear all too well- I hate public speaking too. But I'm sure you'll do fine. Maybe try holding a paperclip to give your fingers something to fiddle with while you're talking? Sometimes, that can take away some of the tension.

Quote Originally Posted by "hatesthis" View Post
    [...] dying in a fire... particularly in a house fire.
    Were you in one as a child?

EDIT: These are all interesting fears. Hopefully they keep coming into the thread.

Nope, but have had re occurring dreams of it over the years and worries me. I think it would be horrific to be burned alive, who knows maybe in a past life I was a Salem witch, lol
    “If you worry about what might be, and wonder what might have been, you will ignore what is.”

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast