+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Guys, what am I doing wrong ?

Guys, what am I doing wrong ?

Basically I want to know if I'm making fundamental mistakes in my relationship.

My bf and I have been together for 3 years .
    I do so much for him . I make him feel supported, I encourage him , I always tell him that I am proud of him and love him for who he is and my loved will never be based on how much money he makes.

I buy him the most thoughtful gifts , they range from home made up to $500 sometimes. I leave him cute notes and surprises.
    I send him nice picture and sometimes video txt messages , if you know what I mean.

We have the same values and I love listening to his interests such as cars and music. We both also love to play video games , and we often have days where we just chill in bed and eat pizza.

Every time I stay over , I give him back scratches before he falls asleep.

I don't ever speak down about his friends or family , as I get on so well with his family.

I also open into bringing other girls into the bedroom as I think it's important that he has sex with other women .

I also don't bombard him with messages or phones calls as I know he is busy and so I am .

Since he is at uni and has a larger schedule then me, I pay for a lot of things as I have the money , but I always make sure he knows , that I'm not trying to emasculate him.

My downfalls are , I get really hangry and I get annoyed easily when he doesn't treat me like a lady or put much effort in , when I do so much , and I do it because I love doing it for him.

Regardless of everything I do and how loved I make him feel , he never seems that interested in me. I know it's not because of my looks ( not trying to be cocky ) , as I'm a model and he always has people saying I'm too good for him .

I feel as I'm never good enough for him and he doesn't make that much effort in making times to see me or make plans to do stuff .
    I have tried backing off and letting him do some of the work but he still only likes to see me once a week . Which is fine but maybe one week , I would like to see him twice.

I have my own hobbies, I give him space and he knows that I don't take crap from men , and I'm independent and emotionally stable, for most parts

What am I doing wrong guys ?

Sounds like he's bored. But here:'s a wacky idea - tell him what you told us. It's called communication - a very useful part of a successful relationship.

I have spoken to him about this, and we have really good communication and I'm always changing it up. He is just never open to change lol.

I always plan surprise dates , like I picked him up from uni and didn't say a word of where we were going and we ended up at the go carts and had an awesome time.

I'm open to idea's though from a guy's POV on how to shake it up.

He is using you for sex by the sound of it.

You sound like the perfect gf though, send me a pm some time lol.

You guys have been together 3 years and he only wants to see you once or twice a week? That's ****ed up.

I don't really think you're gunna be satisfied in this relationship. It sounds completely one sided. You should probably move on to someone who will appreciate all you do for them.

Sounds to me this guy doesn't really want a girlfriend or a real relationship.. he's just reaping all the benefits of having one. And that's not fair to you.

The reason we only see each that little is because from Mon- Friday he is at uni from 8 am till 8.30 pm , sometimes later or he finishes maybe at 5.30. So it is really hard during the week as if I want to stay out , his place and mine are 45 minutes apart and we get home very late and then have to be up super early . So we usually see each other Friday night , and I stay over and we hang out Saturday till 10.30 and on when he has no uni we see each other much more often .

No one spends more than 16 contact hours at Uni in Australia. Its bullshit. He is using you darling. You are too good and giving for him. Get rid of him.

Its not actually uni contact hours. He may only have a few a day but he is doing a music course which means he has to do a lot of rehearsals with many people , as he is one of only 2 music players that play the instrument he does in the program, so he has about 10 small groups he has to play with , and this is done at uni , as it's the only free place that has proper music rooms with the set ups.

That is actually the truth as I have sat in some of the many rehearsals he has lol.

But I do agree , I do too much. I just don't know what else he wants from me .

He always speaks of our future and things like that , but I am little hesitant as he has a lot of growing up to do .
    Last edited by hairtie; 30-05-14 at 10:39 PM.

I'm not sure what you want from us here? You want reassurance or honesty?

Sorry typical woman , can't make her mind up . I just want the truth , even if I don't like it and I think you guys have made some very good points

I think nico has given the best advice. Your bf is either extremely distant in personality like my gf or he has lost interest in you.

Guys often keep gf's around on a limited basis for sex and other benefits of having a giving gf like yourself even if they have lost interest. I know its horrible but its true.

What I would do is write a list of what you want from him and then demand it off him and threaten to leave if you dont get your needs met. If he doesent change, leave him.

3 years is a long time to waste if you are not happy.
    Last edited by MrLoyal; 31-05-14 at 06:53 AM.

Rico has indeed summarized everything there is to say.

Someone I knew had a similar relationship, they both were busy and could only spend a few days together and they also lived pretty far away from oneanother. The guy simply got bored that he had a servant-gf, who was there at his every call, never said no and was always trying her best despite the odds of having to study or work. Needless to say, he broke up with her and from what I've heard he regretted that choice for a while. But in the end she got together with someone better, so for her it, at least, worked out.

My suggestion would be to dump his butt, since he is clearly not what you want, also he can't give you what you want. Then again, maybe you're fine with everything after all?

I was looking all through these comments for someone named Rico and couldn't find any and then I realized you guys were talking about me haha

Haha I see its nico, sorry bro. Lol

No worries..that wasn't the first time that's happened. I was just thoroughly entertained by the dumbass moment I had. Haha

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast