+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Starting a relationship with my friend

Starting a relationship with my friend

OK I've been posting about this girl a few times (see [url]http://www.loveforum.net/t8881-my-date-with-my-friend.html[/url])

So heres the skinny, I've been friends with this girl about a month but I've know of her for a long time, we went to high school together and ended up working together. We became really good friends really fast, and I started to develop feelings for her, but I've dont this so many times that I was able to but a block on showing those feelings because I didnt want to ruin our friendship. Well then about a week ago she sent me a text, asking quite simply if I wanted to go to her house and have sex, which I went and did, it was really fun and I stayed the night, with her sleeping in my arms. After that she would send me lots of txts while we were working with sexual inuendos and what not. So last night I was having a party at my apartment which I invited her to and here was her response:

HER: A drinking party? I'll come but only if you really want me to.
    ME: Of course I do.

So she hung out with all of my roomates and friends and they all really liked her alot, and we were inseperable the whole night, holding hands, kissing, her sitting on my lap and whatnot. And my roomates kept teasing us and whatnot about it. Then after she had gone home she started txting me again.

HER: So did I pass the roomate test?

ME: Yeah, they're all still talking about how cool you are.

HER: So how much have you told them about me huh?

ME: I just told them u were cool and whatnot, u worried I said something bad?

HER: No but it sounds as thou u like me more than ur letting on.

ME: Maybe...I try not to be obvious. But to be honest I do like u more than I allow myself to let on.

HER: OK, may I ask why?

ME: Lol because ur great, we get along so well, u like good music, u laugh at my lame jokes, theres SO much to list. And I hope I'm not saying too much.

HER: No its fine, I just dont know how to reply to your stunning confession, I'm flattered.

ME: I was trying not to let it be known I liked u because I figured we were just friends and I didnt want to F up our friendship.

HER: I guess that all changed the night I invited you over huh? Oh well, lets not let a little thing like some really fun sex get in the way of our friendship.

ME: Just a friendship?

HER: No, maybe more

ME: Well I have no regrets

HER: Me either. Lol but I'm not sure of the status of whatever because of the casual dating thing I do, but I do like you and I ALWAYS have fun when I'm with you.

ME: Well then I think the best thing to do is not to worry about it and just lets things happen the way they do.

HER: I concur

So at this point I'm not sure where I stand, I mean the way we are together feels so right, I've never felt more comfortable than I am with this girl. And I know that she feels the same way, because of the way she acts around me and the way she looks at me. So I want to know what u guys think about all this.

I think that this is steamy pile of bullsh**t. I think that you just dont have the balls to ask her to be your gf.

Quote Originally Posted by carpflounder
    I think that this is steamy pile of bullsh**t. I think that you just dont have the balls to ask her to be your gf.
    So soon? are you serious??

Does it matter how soon it is? Like you say you've known her since high school or whatever, and it's clear to me from your post that you both like each other in that way so just ask her out man.

Quote Originally Posted by equivo
    Does it matter how soon it is? Like you say you've known her since high school or whatever, and it's clear to me from your post that you both like each other in that way so just ask her out man.
    well we went to the same high school but didnt really know each other until about a month ago, but I still think u guys are right, its time the take the bull by the horns

That's right.