+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Minds all over the place overthinking everything? your opinions? (long)

Minds all over the place overthinking everything? your opinions? (long)

(bit of background for you) Well im 19 and the girl im texting is 17, We have been texting for about a year but i've never had the chance to meet up with her, that was till last week on monday where i finally met this girl and she was really shy when we first met but my mates said when my back was turned they could always see her looking at me. She went off somewhere and then text me to come speak to her before she goes and she came over and gave me a hug instead of me giving her a hug. she said to me after that she thinks im a lot more "mainstream" than her, and i was like what does that even mean, and she was like well your a lot "cooler than me" so she clearly thinks im a confident guy (even though im not)

For the rest of that week we were texting every evening i didn't want to come across as needy and played a little hard to get but that was only waiting a little bit between texts and other things without making it obvious. When we were texting it was full of conversation getting to know each other,long texts,winky faces,flirting,her complimenting me and other way round,she was telling me about a family problem and she was saying that i was amazing, it was 50/50 who started the texting first,she made conversation if the convo was dieing etc, so i thought a bit of that playing hard to get has worked quite well.

This week though she seemed a lot different, One night she acted proper immature about something, my bro told me to ask her if she has been telling ppl about a bbq we are having (shes in my bro's year) and for some reason i got the backlash of it all and she was acting proper off with me as if i was accusing her,even though i said to her i wasn't accusing you i just got told to ask you. I left her for a few hours and then spoke to her again the same evening and she seemed fine but not how she was last week.

I text her last night saying the bbq might not be happening would she come round the same night and just watch a few films with me and just have a chilled night in and she said "could do yeah" "sounds fine" i text her back after that saying "cant wait" and normally she would reply something or try and make conversation but she didnt even reply,but i tried to look at the positive, she wouldn't of said yeah to coming round so she must have some sort of feelings for me and that shes got exams next couple of weeks so she must be revising. Then the paranoid side came out of me and i did a bit of stalking looked at her snap chat score (goes up every time you send/receive a snap chat) and it was going up very fast so she cant of been that busy.

I know one of her best friends and I've asked her to gather some "intel" haha of what she thinks of me, before the past couple of days i felt confident but not really any more...

I'm not going to confront her about any of my over thinking because i know its probably incorrect and i don't want to come across as that needy insecure guy, but i really want to know what's going on in her head, has she just lost interest/found another guy she might like more than me or is she trying to play me at my own game but more obvious than when i was doing it, at same time though i find it hard to believe that when 17 you start playing hard to get.

Mate, dial her number and TALK with her! All this texting just leads to frustration and misunderstandings.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

She's 17 bro, she's gonna be gettin some attention from other dudes and she's gonna be giving it back, because that is what 17 year old girls do. You want a more stable girl date someone your own age.

My tip is, when they start getting flaky, ditch the b itch.

- - - Updated - - -

oh and BTW when a girl says things like "you are a lot cooler than me" "You have a such muscular arms" etc it's a girl's trick to hook you in by pumping up your ego. And guess what it worked didn't it?

i know she is getting attention of other guys well i know she defo is off 3 of them, but i dont understand how close i thought we got last week then a day later feeling like i barely know her... Plus i understand that alot of girls like to pump ego but normally thats the girls who are really popular and bitchy etc, where as this girl she is literally the nicest girl i have ever met and i cant really see her doing all this hard to get routine..

i've been talking to a different one of her friends and she says its because shes just revising alot.. dont really understand why she doesnt just say to me can we talk another time rather than being blunt etc
    Last edited by Carlos123; 06-06-14 at 01:25 AM.