+ Follow This Topic

Thread: He gave me his phone number online

He gave me his phone number online

Hello! So I started talking to this guy on Okcupid (just yesterday). We're both going into the same career and have similar career goals. He initiated conversation (although I had visited his page and liked it so he may have saw that), and we talked about some common interests, life goals, and just some general get to know you stuff. He asked what type of relationship/guy I was looking for and after I responded he said he was looking for something simpler. This morning I woke up to a message from him that said "This may be straightforward, but feel free to text me if you would like (phone number). Have a great day " He sent this early this morning.

Should I text him? I've had other guys message me their number online, but I was never really interested in them so I didn't bother. But I'd like to see where things go with this guy, but I don't really want to text him first.

Although I'm 21, I don't have very much dating experience at all. Pretty much no experience whatsoever until I tired online dating 5 months ago, so I feel like I lack a lot of skills when it comes to this type of thing and flirty responses.

Thanks!

I know the initial approach is difficult. I have an easier time talking to people online than I do in person.

If you are interested in him, text him. Make sure to include your name so he knows its you. Start out with something as simple as asking him how his day is going, no need to be flirty right off the bat unless you want to be. Just be nice and casual, after a few messages if you still want to get to know him, if he hasn't already done so, suggest maybe meeting for lunch or something. Not the same day, but within the next couple, maybe Saturday.

Hope it goes well for you

Ehh. Kind of a pussy move on his part but text him anyway ...who knows ? Be might be a great guy

Quote Originally Posted by alwaysconfused2 View Post
    Hello! So I started talking to this guy on Okcupid (just yesterday). We're both going into the same career and have similar career goals. He initiated conversation (although I had visited his page and liked it so he may have saw that), and we talked about some common interests, life goals, and just some general get to know you stuff. He asked what type of relationship/guy I was looking for and after I responded he said he was looking for something simpler. This morning I woke up to a message from him that said "This may be straightforward, but feel free to text me if you would like (phone number). Have a great day " He sent this early this morning.

Should I text him? I've had other guys message me their number online, but I was never really interested in them so I didn't bother. But I'd like to see where things go with this guy, but I don't really want to text him first.

Although I'm 21, I don't have very much dating experience at all. Pretty much no experience whatsoever until I tired online dating 5 months ago, so I feel like I lack a lot of skills when it comes to this type of thing and flirty responses.

Thanks!
    Okay. Men like shit to work quick. We aren't patient creatures in most respects. So text him, get the convo rolling. Plant a little seed flirting if he flirts back just keep going and arrange a meet up. that's all no need to make it complex.

If you're interested text him...if not keep fishing.