+ Follow This Topic

Thread: confused -- male friend

confused -- male friend

So I've been friends with this guy for the past few months. We've become really close, and pretty much see each other everyday, usually just the two of us.

He's smart, sweet, and we "click" very well. We laugh together and have a lot in common but also are complete opposites at the same time (he is outgoing and bubbly, I'm introverted and shy. We have a lot of inside jokes...and talk to each other about the randomest things.

My best friend (a girl) often tells me that I could "practically call him my boyfriend and no one would think it's weird" and that "there is definitely something between us." But then again she doesn't think it's possible for guys and girls to be friends, and he definitely has female friends (including his best friend, who is a girl, but I know she's in love with this other guy).

Several of our friends have asked us whether we are dating, and we both fiercely deny it when they do. A friend of ours has said that we are "so cute together" and "it's cuter that we are in the friends who like each other phase."

In the beginning of our friendship, he had asked a few girls out, and I had even gotten him to ask out a girl he used to have a crush on. But nowadays, I don't hear him saying these things and I know he has rejected a girl (who I'd think is his type?) who has asked him out.

It's all very confusing because sometimes I feel like he isn't acting like any of the other guy friends I've had in the past, but then again his best friend is a girl so he might just prefer female friends over male friends.

As for my feelings, I'm confused. I've never been very good with relationships (especially the early stages). I think he is cute and he makes me happy, but I would be satisfied with friendship.

What do you guys think? Could this guy be interested in me, or does he just see me as a friend?

I think he is interested in you, to some extent. My first impression was honestly that he's interested in a FWB arrangement but it's equally probable he wants to date you seriously and is infatuated.

Oh for f uck sakes, just kiss him already. I bet money on it he isn't going to resist. IMO a guy doesn't go out of his way to give a girl attention for friendship. Men, no matter what DO think with their penis.

IMO guys are not hard to read.....open your eyes, he wants you.

Make a move girl!!!