+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Trying to move on but its hard...............

Trying to move on but its hard...............

Hi, So Im a 25 year old man was with my fiancé for 11 years since 15. We met on holiday she lived 300 miles away I moved out of my family when I was 16 and became independent got a job after moving in with her family. We purchased our house in 2009 a brand new house everything was great both had good jobs earnt good money. We then decided to try for a child, I was sceptical at first we was only 22/23 when we started trying and we had plenty of time to start a family but she was adamant and put alot of pressure on us to have a child. So the months passed and we finally conceived. 2012 our wonderful child was born who I love very much and is by far the best thing that happened to me. things started to struggle with money when she went on maternity leave but we coped like most people. She became abit down when being stuck at home when I was working and didn't really go out much even though I tried to encourage her to. His 1st bday came everything was great and we was all very happy. 2014 Ive always treated her so well never cheated and let her do what she wants, I love her so much. She decided she felt different and went away to think about things for a weekend with her friends she came back and said she wanted to try again 1 month later she moved out to her family round the corner from our home. She said she felt different and things werent the same leaving me destroyed she has been my whole life since 15 and i just cant move on, I lost my job and will loose the house although we are selling it. She has turned so cold towards and makes is so hard because my son is involved. I just cant stop thinking about her and she means to much and I cant let go. Anyone else experienced something like this.

No I haven't experienced what you went through but when I got divorced from my husband of 14 years, having 3 small kids and a house and bills to pay was extremely difficult. You need to be strong, stay focused and think about your child. In due time, you will be able to move on but you need to take it one day at a time.

Spend time with family and friends for support and try to find another job. One day, it will work out for the best.

Good luck and I hope you will feel better.

Yes, I have experienced the same thing as you in breakups, and even in several cases of unrequited love. It is very very difficult to overcome it -- especially in your case since you have been together so long and since you were so young. Perhaps you could join a support group and/or get involved in some social events in your city.

Essentially there is no easy formula for getting over a broken heart. It's just a question of time. You need to give yourself a lot of time to recover.

I am sending you lots hugs in support because I know the path ahead will continue to be painful for quite awhile. I'm getting over a broken heart myself. I have moments when I sink into depression. But mostly I try and make myself think positive. Listening to inspirational music can help to lift your spirits.

I know How you are feeling man. It's rough, I was with my guy for 6 1/2 years and it's been a year since we split, but I'm not over mine either. I can't seem to move on either. He's been my whole world, the apple of my eye for years but he has seemed to move on. You are not alone! Stay strong

I'm so sorry. I know it's hard and nothing can make it easier for you. It'll just take time to get over this.