+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I could use a little advice about a girl...

I could use a little advice about a girl...

I met this girl a few months ago. At first, I wasn't interested because I thought I was only going to be living in the town I'm in for a short period, but then I eventually started to fall for her. Her parents had me over for dinner a few times, and we talked a little bit(we go to the same church). She opened up one night and shared some personal things.

Then about a month ago I was walking down the street I live on and she picked me up randomly. We talked and drove to the side of a lake. I was nervous and didn't feel like myself that night. She asked me a lot of questions, and we talked about our families, past relationships,God, all sorts of things. I told her I had feelings for her. Pretty deep for a first date, right??? At the end of the night, she dropped me off and said she didn't want to pursue a relationship. I was heartbroken and still am.

A couple days went by, and I became upset and embarrassed. I met with her again and told her I was upset.

Another couple weeks went by and we didn't talk. Then, last week her mom asked me if I could help move her sister into her dad's house. Part of me was hoping she wasn't going to be there, and the other part really wanted to see her. She showed up twice that week and helped move. The first time was brief, and we didn't speak. The second time we spent the whole day together, and it was wonderful. We had so much fun together. She went out of her way to spend time with me during the day. That was last Thursday.

I don't know why I'm writing this. I guess I could use some advice or encouragement or something.

Why don't you just enjoy her company right now and take it from there. Obviously, she seem to like you enough to spend some time with you. She just doesn't want to pursue a relationship right now.

For the meantime, you should also go out and meet other girls. There is no reason to put things on hold while waiting for her.

Good luck.

Here's the reason you failed. You never ever express your feeling to a girl that you are not in a romantic relationship with. You were just at the beginning of her having some interest in you, and you blew it by saying you have feelings for her. This knocks things out of balance because she wasn't anywhere near there. It made it awkward, so she pushed you back.

There is a 50/50 chance she will grow to like you, but there is a 90% chance you will get friend zoned. Don't spend a lot of time with her, don't have those intimate conversations, keep your exposure to her light/casual. I agree you need to keep your options open and talk to other girls. Never ever wait and hope, you will only be tormented by it.