+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Advice?

Advice?

So I met this girl 10 months ago and I really like her. She likes me too. But whenever I ask her why we aren't officially together, she just says we can't be together? I told her how I feel, and she wishes she can reciprocate that feeling, but she says its wrong to do so, because she can't see us in the future and she's worried she's just leading me on. She says she has so many insecurities, including her parents disapproval due to cultural background clashes, how she's not good enough for me, how we can't ever be together and she's repeatedly distanced herself away from me. From the bottom of my heart, i just want her to be happy, and she said i do make her happy and not being together would be sad for her. Recently i asked her to the formal, and she said no, she doesnt want people to get the wrong impression of us. i think she just wants to keep our relationship secret. Any suggestions on how I can change her mind and get her to come to the formal with me?

It's time to tell her that you're no longer prepared to be her dirty little secret. Time to get some self esteem happening and not settle for this half arsed "relationship".
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

You want here to be happy but where does that leave you? Are you going to be secretly married for 10 years and hide in the basement when her parents visit? This should have been settled a while ago, better late then never I suppose.