+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Advice needed!

Advice needed!

Thank you in advance for your assistance....
    My GF of three years told me last month that we needed to "take a break"...I asked what she meant exactly, and she said she could not be happy with me right now...my question is just two months ago we flew down to meet her parents for the first time, and I thought it went very well. A little history, last year at this time we had a wedding to attend, I was unable to go because my daughter has serious addiction issues which were horrible at that time. She went to the wedding with another guy, and ended our relationship without as much as a text...fast forward a year and she again has ended it.

I realize this is just a snapshot of three years, but am I being unrealistic to think she may come back? Each time I tried to talk to her about moving our relationship to the next level she either ignored me or changed the subject..

She broke up with you for a reason.....it's not working out. It just isn't for her. Not all relationships end on a sour note from fights and hate.....sometimes the relationship has ran it's course, nothing is forever. Just close this chapter, and start anew with someone else.

From what I know, when a women says she wants to 'take a break' that means she's done. If she isn't talking to you now and has never shown interest in moving things to the next level then she is not looking for long term with you. As said before, men and women that want a true relationship will make it happen and those that don't will put up barriers.

Quote Originally Posted by Ann32 View Post
    From what I know, when a women says she wants to 'take a break' that means she's done. If she isn't talking to you now and has never shown interest in moving things to the next level then she is not looking for long term with you. As said before, men and women that want a true relationship will make it happen and those that don't will put up barriers.
    If everyone went with this advice, there wouldn't be a need for sites like this.

I think that after three months in, needing to take a break is a sign that the relationship is not working. I think you should forget about her. Don't rekindle anything even if she wants to. You're better off with someone who is less confused about their feelings for you.

Goodness! don't even think of going back! She has done this before and she will do it again. It's just not working out and didn't work out before either. There are a lot of other great people out there!

I think you are hoping for some sign that she will come back. But, deep down, you know that, if she does come back, it really isn't the best thing for you.

My guess is she could have a pattern of breaking up and getting back together. Some people have this type of pattern. But it's very unhealthy for the recipient (yourself).

Do you know what her pattern was with previous men in her life? If she did the same thing, then it is possible it really is her pattern and she may be back again ... and she will surely dump you again too.

I've gone through this myself in a relationship. It's absolutely horrible. You feel high when you're together with the person and down in the dumps when you're in the dumped mode.

Try and stay strong and stay away from her. It's better to take the pain now rather than later. She has issues. You need to find a healthier, more stable person. You know that yourself.