+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone have a weird coworker that drives them NUTS?

Anyone have a weird coworker that drives them NUTS?

I sit next to a woman at work who plays the same song over and over again and sometimes cries when things get a little stressful. Never in my life have I been around someone so crazy lol

Then she has the nerve to turn the song down after playing it 19 times in a row. Turn it down for what you are already confirmed you are NUTS

lmao at her crying at work. i had one guy who would be an overall annoying bastard, when po'd at the boss he would go to the bathroom and take a shit on the floor and leave, he was able to do this a few times before getting fired. he got into a lot of accidents with company cars too.
    When I tell the truth, it is not for the sake of convincing those who do not know it, but for the sake of defending those that do.
    William Blake

One girl I use to work with would come to work just on her ass drunk and high as a ****ing kite. Every damn day. She once slipped some alcohol in all our coffees without us knowing so we could "relax" because we were so "wound up" when really we were just trying to get shit done. She'd stand up and make a scene during meetings with all her bf drama. She'd scream and cry with him on her cell and my boss would ask her to take it outside and she just stay right there holding everyone up.

If she wasn't arguing with her bf or busy getting stoned or drunk she was trying to **** me and two of the other guys we worked with. She was ****ing nuts.

That was just one crazy. I've worked with a few haha

finally I have a place I can vent about work. Thank you. I really need this vent and its gonna be long... so be prepared..

Okay first of all there is this hierarchical structure where we have crew, crew trainers, area managers, shift managers, assistant manager, manager, operations manager, owner.. and from area manager up.. they all try to make you feel like you are NOTHING!!!! assholes!

Theres one girl who just got promoted to area manager. She used to be nice. Now she is on a crazy assed power trip barking at everyone and driving everyone insane... She tells me "I have been waiting for this promotion for 7years" and now that she has it-all she does is bitch about the extra work/responsibility she has to do.. seriously?

Then the area manager in the kitchen is head recking.. Instead of just letting me get on with my job, she keeps telling me how to do my job. Like an order will come through for a bigmac with only ketchup and ill be in the middle of making it and she will say "soo only ketchup on that ya"? I mean I am not ****ing retarded.

And dont even get me started on the hours. This week I am working wed night 4pm-1am, thursday 1pm-10pm, friday 5pm-2am, sat 1pm-10pm and sun 4pm-1am

One of the shift managers is a pain in the ass. All she does is constantly tell everyone what to do, she gets really stressed out over every little thing and her voice gets higher and higher every second.. If it gets quite, I would be cleaning and shit trying to stay busy and the second I stop shes like "leaning time is cleaning time, no standing around, no talking". Tonight she asked me will I watch service for half an hour and I said ya I just gotta pee first and she was like "why cant it ever just be yes like" and I said "well I need to go like" ****ing bitch (shes my mums best friend and outside of work I love her but in there somebody give me a gun"

And its really annoying that some staff including me work so hard and others are so lazy and they just get away with it.. and one of them is so freaking lazy but his hours are so much better than mine-next week he has like 3 12-8 shifts! what is up with that?

Another shift manager is just plain crazy. One minute shes all nice, the next she barks for no reason. She has no patience. The other day it was crazy busy and I had like ten orders on the screen before hers and she kept saying "can i have my wrap, can I have my wrap, can I have my wrap.."

The owner came in last week and stood behind me for 20 minutes staring at me while I worked. And then it got a tiny bit busy and he got all in my space freaking out as if I couldnt do it. I would have gotten it done a lot faster if he got the **** out of my way.

seriously guys you have no freaking idea! we won "the best company to work at a few years ago" they obviously dont have a clue whoever gave that award. I have been there 2months and I am slowly dying inside. Im usually a really nice person but in there I am demented. I am pissed off throughout my whole shift constantly watching the clock. All I look forward to is my day off and tomorrow I am going handing out 50 CVS. I will take anything. I will even go part time somewhere else and be broke. I dont care. I just cant cope there anymore

rant over
    Last edited by michelle23; 18-06-14 at 11:12 AM.
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".

Damn Michelle. That's rough. Sorry you're working for such shitty people. I hope something better comes along for you soon.

Thanks nico. Hopefully I will get something soon. I have good experience and qualifications and I am usually good at interviews so I just have to try to get something better. The thing I cant stand the most is the whole hierarchy of management. It just sucks coz I used to be a shift manager for 3 years and then a store manager for another 3 years and I have never been made to feel so worthless before. I was trained within 2weeks everywhere in the store, I am more efficient than half the managers (not being cocky but they get so stressed out when it gets a little busy-they panic and I just thrive under the pressure). I just want to work somewhere where I am valued and not seen as a number that can be replaced tomorrow.

Thats another thing-I am on probation and they fired someone (a really good worker) because he answered the owner back once. They covered it up by saying he wasnt following health and safety procedures but thats bull. Im going to edit my first post and take out where I work coz ill be sued if someone at work sees it lol
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".

I have some wisdom for you all.....the older you get, the easier it is to deal with different personalities, even the difficult ones. And it doesn't hurt to pull at prank on them once in awhile.

..unfortunately, I am probably usually considered that weird coworker...
    "1,2,3,4.....The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power-drive!"

"Glory days/Well, they'll pass you by/Glory days"

I am just amazed she doesn't feel WEIRD playing the same song over and over out loud LOL

I knew a chick who listened to same songs for half a year. Yeah she was kinda crazy but she realized it and called herself crazy as well.

Maybe you should talk to her get to know her better, there must be a sane side of her too. Ask if its her favorite song(she will be happy and surprised that you guessed it) and share songs you like with her so she might play something else too lol.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

I've worked with a couple of odd bods over the years. With hindsight, I realise that they were probably aspie and now feel quite ashamed of my intolerance.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by basilandthyme View Post
    With hindsight, I realise that they were probably aspie and now feel quite ashamed of my intolerance.
    That's an amazingly sensitive and respectable retrospective look on the past! Holy shit. Pretty sure I'd be one of those people, too..
    "1,2,3,4.....The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power-drive!"

"Glory days/Well, they'll pass you by/Glory days"

Quote Originally Posted by YoungCosmo View Post
    That's an amazingly sensitive and respectable retrospective look on the past! Holy shit. Pretty sure I'd be one of those people, too..
    Thanks YC. I think it's partly related to what Smackie said about getting more mellow as we age. But it's also about being far more exposed to people who are on the spectrum. Not just my son who's autie, but also I have a new BFF who's aspie and she totally rocks.

That being said, I won't put up with assholes no matter what dx they may or may not have. Weird is cool - asshole is not.
    Last edited by basilandthyme; 18-06-14 at 04:00 PM.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    A sense of humour at work goes a loooong way. Noone wants to work with assholes and boring people.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

reGreat idea for a thread!

My old job, I can't post enough about the weirdness of many of the people. One girl would come to work high as hell most days. Everybody including management knew it, but didn't do anything about it, just told her to go home some days.

She's email people on her high days saying she's sorry, or she loves us co-workers & crazy crap like that. Then a few times I caught her arguing with her niece (she worked there too), trying to get money off her & the kid wouldn't give it to her cause she knew what she was going to do with it.

Lots of crazy stuff I witnessed in my time with my old job. My newer job, I'm sure there are some interesting people, but I haven't been around long enough to see it yet.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast