+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Co worker

Co worker

I've noticed this recently that he's always staring or watching me, sometimes pats me on the shoulder or back and sometimes when I talk to him he just smiles and doesn't say much. I'm much much younger than he is, and the other day I heard him talk about me to someone as I walked past saying that 'she knows but she won't catch on' pretty loudly so I could hear which I thought was abit weird but yeah it's weird as he's always staring or looking at me, he's married too which makes it creepy and wrong. Also caught him licking his lips when he was around me hmm, and when i catch him staring we lock eyes then i quickly look away because its uncomfortable. can anyone relate?

I've never had any kind of experience like that, but if you're uncomfortable by it, can't you mention it to your superiors? Or will they not do anything?

As for him, if you can't tell your superiors, perhaps it's best to make your boundaries clear... Maybe find a way to talk to him and subtly bring up that you'd never get involved with a married man?

Hes married and obviously an asshole. Ignore him as much as possible. Act like he doesnt exist and if he suggest anything (dating etc) tell him straight hes not your type and walk away. Dont show any interest at all-not even to be polite because men like him usually have such a big ego-they will take it the wrong way. Just ignore him, do your job, try to make friends with people your own age at work and do your own thing with them at lunch etc. He will soon get bored and leave you alone
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".

I agree with what michelle said too... When in doubt, direct communication is the easiest approach.

I had a similar situation with a guy I used to work with. The only thing was, that he was more subtle and not creepy - he was actually good-looking and a nice guy so I enjoyed the attention, knowing that neither of us would take it further.

I think it's part of human nature to be attracted to a range of people - but if his actions are making you uncomfortable, then I'd probably just stay out of his way as best you can, rather than discussing it directly with him (which I think will make things more complicated.) Tell your supervisors if you think they would be able to help you, but the guy will probably be able to pass his actions off as a "joke". Avoid one-on-one situations with him. Don't smile at him. Sit with other people, etc. He should get the hint. If he doesn't, THEN you might have to have a conversation about it.

That's beyond weird, report it to your superior.