+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Love Triangle Blues

Love Triangle Blues

I've been with my boyfriend for a year and a half. We have a special bond, and I can really be myself with him. However, he has been really busy with school and work. I know I should be supportive, but I have been feeling neglected. Long story short, I kissed someone and he was furious. We have been speaking lately and he says that he is rally falling for me. I have no idea what to do I'm still only 19. Should I stay with the person who has loved and cared for me? Even if I feel like we are growing at different paces & I've been getting easily agitated with him lately? Or should I go to the new person who really wants a chance to with me? & who I also built a connection with over a short period of time? Someone help me please.

Quote Originally Posted by Niecy21 View Post
    I've been with my boyfriend for a year and a half. We have a special bond, and I can really be myself with him. However, he has been really busy with school and work. I know I should be supportive, but I have been feeling neglected. Long story short, I kissed someone and he was furious. We have been speaking lately and he says that he is rally falling for me. I have no idea what to do I'm still only 19. Should I stay with the person who has loved and cared for me? Even if I feel like we are growing at different paces & I've been getting easily agitated with him lately? Or should I go to the new person who really wants a chance to with me? & who I also built a connection with over a short period of time? Someone help me please.
    Stop cheating on your boyfriend and learn how to entertain yourself while your bf is busy with important life obligations. You dont' need to be with another boy, you just need to learn how to be happy when your bf is busy.

You've been getting easily agitated with him recently because you're emotionally cheating on him with someone else that is putting a wedge between the connection you once had with him.

If you leave your bf don't do it because some other guy is sniffing up your backside and you think the grass seems greener. Do it because you feel the relationship has run its course and then don't date anyone until you've learned to be happy single with hobbies and friends and such so that you can tolerate it when your bf is busy with life and what he has to do to be successful.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

If you want to break up, do but do it because its over-not because you have another option. You need time to be on your own after a breakup and learn to be happy alone before meeting someone new.

Wakeup is right, you shouldnt be spending time with other men while your bf is "busy". If you didnt do that, you wouldnt be getting attached, thinking the grass is greener or cheating.

Your young so I will cut you some slack but learn from this fast and dont repeat the same mistakes.