+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Play games.. or not to play games?

Play games.. or not to play games?

Hi all, I am dating a girl for 5 months and yesterday we were supposed to meet but I fell asleep given the stress workload im having this last period.. She got so mad..
    I told her: sorry for yesterday.. let's meet today and she replied that today she had make other plans with her friends.
    Just some time ago she texted me "I'll meet you after dinner around 10:30 and we will talk"
    What???
    "I'll meet you" ???
    I mean.. if she asks "can I meet you after dinner with my friends" is one thing.. but saying "I'll meet you" appears to me she takes me for granted.
    I went out with an excuse saying "yes sounds nice since I also have to get dinner with a friend" Not true, I just did not want to appear always available to her anytime she wanted. I have also to say that she's a flight attendant so she is in the city we live together 15 days per month and the other 15 days she's abroad (I have a land-job instead)
    External opinions are very appreciated at this point

Why are you acting like a sally?
    You asked her to meet you and she's accomodated you. You stood her up it's lucky she's even talking to you. I know I wouldn't... you'd be history. Don't be surprised if that's what "the talk" is going to be about.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Be careful man. Make sure pilot is not touching her boobs. Seen it in youtube, who knows maybe it was your girl.

If you want to be less available then 3 days a week is normal to be available.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

You think way too much. Just meet her after dinner with her friends, that's the least you can do after you stood her up the other day because "you fell asleep". Don't make such a big deal out of it.

Yeah...I was working 60+ hour weeks and I never stood someone up because I just 'fell asleep' - I would text people before I fell asleep (because regardless of how tired you are, you don't have fricking narcolepsy) if I needed to cancel so they weren't left there waiting like idiots.

You are very much on your way to being dumped
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.