+ Follow This Topic

Thread: is he being disrespectful by looking at

is he being disrespectful by looking at

He likes/<3 risky pictures of women he knows on instagram and facebook. If it was someone famous I'm not sure I would care. The fact hw knows them makes me sad and like I don't measure up. Especially since we just had a baby 12 weeks ago. Am I being insecure or is this as disrespectful as it feels?

I don't find it alarming that a man will 'like' a risque picture of a friend now and then....but I do find it alarming that there are so many risque photos that it's causing an issue. How many girls does he follow who post inappropriate photos...and how often are they posting these shots?

That being said, both FB and Instagram have fairly strict policies on nudity, so the worst I see are usually variations of 'duck face'. What kind of photos are you seeing?
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

"variations of 'duck face.' lolzzz

Op: Start liking bare chested selfies taken in a guy's bathroom. See how hubby feels. If he doesn't care, then you don't care either.

Mind over matter.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

yes you are being insecure, he is only liking pics not having sex or any real life contact with these women, is he? obviously you can see all this so he isn't sneaking around doing it, all in open view for you to look at. when you said you didn't like it and it makes you jealous and upset what did he tell you back? since you said he is still liking the pics.
    When I tell the truth, it is not for the sake of convincing those who do not know it, but for the sake of defending those that do.
    William Blake

I think it is disrespectful yes.. if it upsets you-he should care about your feelings. The fact hes clicking "like" is giving these women attention and letting them know he likes what he sees (which is what they want-why else would they post that crap unless they are attention whores).

I think its shady
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".

It's probably not malicious...but most women feel insecure about their bodies after having a baby...so you know, a decent guy would refrain from 'liking' photos of 1/2 naked women during this time.

I don't think he'll take it any further than that, but I know how you feel, so if it really bothers you you can always sit down and talk with him about it.