+ Follow This Topic

Thread: He does not contact me during the week at all? Is it normal?

He does not contact me during the week at all? Is it normal?

Hey everyone,

Here is the situation. Two months ago, I met a nice man online. Currently, we live in two different cities. I live in Toronto and he lives in Kingston, about 3 hours apart. Since May every weekend he been driving to Toronto to spend time with me. He met my parents a couple of times. He even took a day off from work to attend my convocation in Toronto (convocation was on Tuesday at 10 am). Furthermore, he introduced me to his grandparents and close friends (not as a girlfriend, just by my first name).

About 3 weeks ago, I brought up topic him still being active on his dating profile. He said, he is not dating anyone else since he is seeing me. He said to me that he will change what he is "looking for" on his dating profile and he did. Now it stay he is looking for "female friends only" age between 28-33. He said, he is exchanging emails with other people (women) who have the same music interests as he does, nothing more. He is into heavy metal and I cannot stand that type of music. Other than music, we have plenty of common interest.

At the end of August, I will be moving to his city Kingston to begin graduate studies at University. He even offered me to live with him, which I refused for many reasons. I told him because I will need alone and quiet time to study and concentrate.

What’s been bothering me is that he does not contact me during the week. He seems to never call or text me unless I ask, which is very rare. I want him to call on the days when we don't see each other. When we're together everything's so amazing. I did ask him, why he never calls me, which he responded he does not like talking on a phone. He prefers face to face conversations. What makes me nervous, is that every single day, he is online on his dating profile, yet he will not call or text me. I know for a fact he is not married, since I visited him once in Kingston and we spend some time there.

What are your thoughts? Is this normal behavior for a man? He is 34 years old. Should I say anything else to him again? Am I being to demanding? I feel if bring it up again, he will think I am being too clingy and jealous. He told me that his 6 year old relationship ended because of her jealousy. He also said, that he is not jealous person at all.

The profile is a red flag, I'm sure he has enough friends already. Maybe his ex was "a jealous person" for a reason and he's conditioning you not to be the same so he can do whatever he likes. To be fair to him though, it's only been what about 8 meetings or so, and no conversation has happened about exclusivity. I'd start getting comfortable with talking about what you both want so as to avoid this kind of confusion. With the phone, personally things that matter to my girlfriend don't always occur to me so it may not mean much, just that we sometimes just don't think like that. On the other hand it might be because there are other women around him.