+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No Contact for a week....what is best to do?

No Contact for a week....what is best to do?

Have been seeing a girl for about 3 weeks now and prior to that about 3 weeks chatting on line....things moved quite fast once we met and all seemed to be going well...

Then last Friday I had a text in the evening saying that she wanted a quiet weekend with her children (has them every other weekend) so "would be turning her phone off" Did think it was a bit odd at the time but could do no other than say, "no problem have a good weekend and speak soon"

Since then I've heard nothing, have been a bit reluctant to contact her as from her message I thought she needed me to not mither her.

My question is, should I contact her to find out what's going or just assume she has changed her mind about me and move on. I did feel I had some deep feelings for this girl....but feel a bit annoyed at the moment that even if she has changed her mind she couldn't be bothered to tell me. Which is another reason for me not contacting her...don't want to say the wrong thing due to my annoyance....

Any advice would be appreciated...thank you for looking at my post

I'd send a quick: Happy Halloween. Hope your weekend with your kids went well.

See what she does next.

I think that is good advice from DalM0m. I do find DalM0m tends to have good advice. ;-)

I can understand your annoyance, though. I could certainly understand wanting quiet time with your kids. But, if she was sincere, then she should have got back in touch with you shortly after this quiet time, even if just with a little hello. Otherwise, how are you supposed to know if it is okay to get in touch again. So, at this point I would agree with the above advice. Shoot her a quick message, or a call, or whatever. Then see if she follows-up. But, for now, I wouldn't say anything at all about her not reaching out to you. Sometimes life gets busy. It can be easy for us to over-react to things like this when you like somebody. Best to try to give people the benefit of the doubt.

She's probably not interested. Her excuse was bullshit. She hasn't contacted you since. I'd bet my bottom dollar she found someone else.

DalM0m has good advice for a perfect world. As you pointed out, she gives people the benefit of the doubt..when she really shouldn't. She's a idealist, sweetheart...like an older Searock.

I would send a quick text asking how her weekend was but as a woman myself, i would say she's given you an excuse, for whatever reason she is avoiding contact with you. Turning her phone off is an extreme measure and seems drastic, she has warned you off from contacting her by saying even if you do txt/call she wouldn't be answering because it's switched off, when in reality, she's not answering because she doesn't want to have contact. Maybe things moved too quickly for her, brought about old feelings and insecurities or maybe she's realised she's just not ready for a relationship at the moment.

If she was merely using that as an excuse to break off contact, that has to be one of the stupidest excuses I have ever heard. Saying you are having a quiet weekend implies THE WEEKEND. Pretending for a second it was her attempt to quietly blow him off.... didn't she think he'd probably try to contact her if he didn't hear back after a week or so? That would be a pathetically weak attempt to blow somebody off. So, if that does happen to be the case, not only does she sound like an immature jerk who is not worth your time, but she also sounds about as smart as a bag of rocks.

A chick that only sees her kids every other weekend sounds like a real winner.

I would contact her bro. Ask her how things are and she if she responds...if she doesnt, then it sounds like to me shes moved on. Goodluck man!

Quote Originally Posted by TheEvilJester View Post
    If she was merely using that as an excuse to break off contact, that has to be one of the stupidest excuses I have ever heard. Saying you are having a quiet weekend implies THE WEEKEND. Pretending for a second it was her attempt to quietly blow him off.... didn't she think he'd probably try to contact her if he didn't hear back after a week or so? That would be a pathetically weak attempt to blow somebody off. So, if that does happen to be the case, not only does she sound like an immature jerk who is not worth your time, but she also sounds about as smart as a bag of rocks.
    Totally agree with you on this, it is pathetic and I didn't say it was right, I just know other guys who have had similar excuses used on them and it didn't work out well.

Quote Originally Posted by BackUpOrGetStng View Post
    She's probably not interested. Her excuse was bullshit. She hasn't contacted you since. I'd bet my bottom dollar she found someone else.

DalM0m has good advice for a perfect world. As you pointed out, she gives people the benefit of the doubt..when she really shouldn't. She's a idealist, sweetheart...like an older Searock.
    There's quite a lot in between being an idealist (not that there's anything wrong with it) and *always* assuming that other people are as*holes and thinking the solution to every problem is to "f*ck that cunt over and go sleep with other women you pussy". The benefit of the doubt should be given until there's evidence that points one way or the other.

In this case, he should do what DalM0m said and then, based on what she does (or doesn't do) next, determine whether it was an excuse or not.
    Last edited by searock; 03-11-13 at 02:43 AM.

Let her initiate any communication. That would be the best thing to do. If it's bugging you then contact her but be prepared for a rejection.

Quote Originally Posted by searock View Post
    There's quite a lot in between being an idealist (not that there's anything wrong with it) and *always* assuming that other people are as*holes and thinking the solution to every problem is to "f*ck that cunt over and go sleep with other women you pussy".
    I never said it was the answer to every problem. It's mainly the answer to problems where someone is ignoring you, doesn't want to be with you, or is being disrespectful in an egregious way because they think they've got you wrapped around their finger. Or you are being refused sex.

I decided to wait in the end...she never contacted me and has since removed her profile from the dating site we were on...I think she has gone back to the guy she was seeing before we met...he was trying to contact her the last week we were in contact....so I assume he did. Came to the conclusion I was better off without her...far to many issues going on...well as they say onward and upward...

Thank you for all the advice...it is really appreciated...

Well, you are definitely better off without her!

no contact!!! move on

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast