+ Follow This Topic

Thread: cheated on then dupmed for this man.

cheated on then dupmed for this man.

me and my girlfriend were with each other for 2 years and were soulmates and got along like a house on fire. I met her family and she met mine everything was wonderful.
    we were both planning to move and get work in London and live together. she always use to say to me I don't want you to move to London cos Il find someone else when I didn't I just wanted her. cut along story short she got a job up London first then started going out after work with friend's which I was really happy about meeting new people. we use to speak on the phone every night then she stopped answering her calls and would text me back the next day.i wasn't suspect at this time.
    she left her phone at mine one day and I never go through peoples private stuff but my gut told me to and I saw a guy chatting about having sex with her and her replying. I confronted her but she said it was one of her gay mates joking around.
    then she was like this for a few months a wk after my birthday in November she got rid of me and promised there was no one else then I found out she was on a date the next wk and said she had met him that wk we broke up.
    I got a job in London and bumped into her on the underground and she told me she was still free and single and there was no one else but then recently on her facebook I saw her main picture with this guy.
    outside of the relationship I can now put all the pieces of the puzzle together and she was lying to me for months and cheating on me with this guy . it has made me feel so worthless about myself I was on anti depressants over Christmas cos she was meant to spend Christmas with me and my family as arranged.
    I feel so used cheated on and lied to .
    I even e mailed telling here how much I loved her but she just ignored everything.
    its july now and seeing that picture accidently on facebook when I was looking for another one of my friends starting with the letter s her picture came up to.
    I feel so low , ive lost all self esteem, sometimes I wish I would not wake up in the mornings.
    I thought I had found my soulmate but she left me for her better option.
    does this feeling of hurt and pain and feeling so crap about yourself ever go away .

how come she is the one living happily ever after with her new man and im the one who got cheated on and feel like dying

EVERYTHING WILL BE ALRIGHT.

she was not the woman for you; thank your lucky stars you got out when you did.
    Things will be rough for awhile in your heart. Being cheated on is a horrible thing indeed. It brings up doubts, feelings of inadequacy and pangs of self worth issues. BUT, what you must understand is this. What she did is on her, not you, her.
    If it is in a person to cheat, it is. And has very little to do with the person their cheating on. Okay? Do you understand? It is not you. It's her.
    Good riddance to bad rubbish....

You will get over this. Time it will take. Guard your heart and don't get jaded. There are allot of wonderful and faithful women out there.

Hang in there, buddy. You are going through a heartbreak. You know what happens during heartbreak? A breakup. And when systems break up they breakdown. You are experiencing a breakdown and it is a rollar coaster riding before you will be back to normal.

Hang in there. Always keep your well-being in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by peterwong View Post
    Hang in there, buddy. You are going through a heartbreak. You know what happens during heartbreak? A breakup. And when systems break up they breakdown. You are experiencing a breakdown and it is a rollar coaster riding before you will be back to normal.

Hang in there. Always keep your well-being in mind.
    hey there thank you both for the advice really appreciate it . I did start asking what has this bloke got that I havnt , and you start getting down thinking he must be better than me at everything and getting real low.
    but ive heard time is a healer and hopefully that will help .
    thanks again for the advice

Quote Originally Posted by feelings123 View Post
    hey there thank you both for the advice really appreciate it . I did start asking what has this bloke got that I havnt , and you start getting down thinking he must be better than me at everything and getting real low.
    but ive heard time is a healer and hopefully that will help .
    thanks again for the advice
    How is it going so far?

You need to work on yourself, and to do something that makes you happy each day, and to focus on what you want from life. She is no longer your concern any more, be happy you arent with this type of person, I believe everything is for the best, and when you meet the right one once you have healed, you will look back and laugh to yourself that you were once so bothered by this girl.

A good relationship is based on attraction, honesty, openness, trust and communication and I think you should work on yourself, this will take your mind off her while allowing you to heal. And yes, time heals all wounds!

I feel for you, something similar happened to me, my girlfriend after 4 years of relationship broke up with me with an email abruptly, even though she gave some typical girly reasons ( need space, having my own problems, uncertain about my life etc...) I was almost sure there was an another guy picture and my guess was pretty much verified after seeing her flirty skype and facebook massages with another guy. The only question remains now whether she cheated on me before breaking up or she waited to send an email to me for being with this guy.

It sucks and hurts like hell I know. The classic advices such as you should move on, she didn't deserve you won't help I know. What I suggest instead of forgetting everything just start to hate her ( if you haven't already started) and let her know how much you hate her. Hate can be a great motivator and replace other feelings including love and indifference easily. It won't kill you holding grudge just erase from memory all the good properties of her and always remember what you don't like about her.