+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What Should I do

What Should I do

Hey guys!

I'm putting this in a few different threads because I REALLY need advice!

Hey everyone!
    So my bf and I have been dating for about 4.5 years. I'm 23 and he's 27. Things have been a little rocky here and there like most relationships. Today was just like any other day. We got home, he realized he forgot his keys, freaked out and broke up with me out of no where. His exact words "Are you going anywhere?" I said no, and he said I should get the **** out because he doesn't want me there anymore. We've had discussions in the past, but have worked through them. I'm trying to set a date to actually have a conversation because there wasn't any had. In this conversation I am going to subtly try to get back together because as most of you know this feeling SUCKS

Any advice? Regardless of not if it makes me a doormat, I am willing to try anything if it means making this work

I want to clarify that I think the keys were the huge tip of the iceberg that made for a really shitty day. I even went to his work and got them for him. But I really want to get back together so I need help/advice on anything! Thanks guys

Why are you mothering him?

Why would you want to get back with someone who is so unstable? Relationships should be as solid as the ground you walk on. To be with someone for almost 5 years and to have them break up with you like that shows he doesn't value you at all. And the fact that you're going to try to set up a time to discuss shit and ultimately get back with him is showing him that he can get away with this shit because you're always gunna come crawling back to him. Unless you stand your ground and tell him that you don't deserve to be treated like a piece of trash he can just throw out on the curb whenever he wants than your relationship is always gunna be that way. Him always breaking up with you and you always crawling back. That's not how a relationship works or how a relationship should be.

If you do get back with him which it already sounds like you've made up your mind and you are...then I'd suggest some hardcore couple's counseling. Because that dudes got some deep rooted issues he needs to deal with. Good luck to you.

You two broke up over keys? wtf. Troll.
    A strong woman takes advantage of help she can get from people around her but she doesn't rely on them for anything

She uses logic and manages her emotions

She offers help either because it is a business transaction or out of kindness. It is never because she hopes others will return the favour or out of fear of losing them

She has her own mind and thinks for herself and knows that she has to be the one who bears the consequences of her decisions