Hello,

I would really appreciate your advice / opinions and whether any of you have experienced this in any of your relationships. Sorry is a bit long, have tried condensing!

I met this amazing woman middle April (Jenny), I asked her out end of May. Things going great, we both love eachother (sounds immature after only three months but I have never felt this way about any other relationship I have been in, and she said outwardly herself)

Then recently she starts getting a bit distant.

She came out and said that being with me didn't feel right, that she felt a connection with me but went over time.

She said that I am an amazing boyfriend, I am supportive, caring, loving, she loves making love with me, I am handsome, she loves my body and really cares for me (even said she has been really down since she broke up with me, lost all drive and said she misses me) she said logically I am perfect but to her a connection is everything.

Jenny suggested we break up, which we did on Friday and try being friends and see how our connection is and go from there, as in go out and do things and I basically agreed it would be like getting to know eachother.

I went round hers last night to have dinner and have a go at the friends stage. She gave me a massive hug when I came in. A little into the night ended up making out and having sex (which she instigated), she then wanted to snuggle with me a bit more before I left her to go back to mine. For some reason I said it wasn't fair confusing me, that she couldnt have the best of both worlds.

I then text her on the way home that I wanted nothing more than to hold her in her arms, she said 'me too' and said goodnight but addressed me by my pet name she gave me.

As of today, she text me to say 'miss you' and we had a chat earlier, and that is when she said she has been feeling really down, lack of drive etc.

She said she doesn't know what is going on with her, still wants to try and be friends but do things together and basically get to know eachother because we agreed things progressed really quickly.

I literally feel like I have met my soulmate (without even purposefully trying to find one)

On reflection, I guess this might be a good thing for us to do, because it will challenge us to really get to know eachother, and in the long run will make us stronger.

I keep imagining in my mind that she will say she loves me and she made a mistake and wants me as a boyfriend again, but if it goes the other way I will be so heartbroken.