+ Follow This Topic

Thread: almost a year

almost a year

Hey guys/gals. Went through a odd break up on my birthday last year. It was pretty much see ya have fin going back to nc. I still have tremendous emoitions and love for this girl. I cant seem to move on. But.she has. Every time i try to talk to someone or go on a date. I tend ro talk about the things she did. Or com pair them to her in my head. But she seems happy moved in almostwith her new man. But here i am almost a year later. And still can't get over her.we had issues and our up and downs. We dated for almost 4 years lived together 2 1/2 years.i always said and still think she was my one true love my soul mate.the feelings i got every time i looked in her eyes.was the same feeling i got the first time.is it possible to move on knowing she was you're soul mate. And allot will say she wasn't if were not together anymore.just need some opinions on what i should do.should i try to talk to her or what i don't want her to think I'm trying to ruin her new thing

Maybe your souls will come together again in the future, but now. The way you sound, I am sure she knows exactly how you feel. You have probably told her many times before she moved away and many times after she moved away. She may have moved on to discover herself. Let her move on and you begin to date other people.

You sound like you were very needy and suffocating in the relationship. Why did she leave?

Work on yourself and your self-esteem. You are more focused on her and not yourself.

How old are you?
    Is she your first love?
    Do she think you are her soulmate?

Well, you know you need to move on. You are dating, which is good. Four years is a long time in a young person's life. But the girl has moved on. She probably already has replaced you with another lover. Your role in her life is as a memory of a time gone by. You need to do the same with her. There is no easy way to do this. There are five stages of grief ending with acceptance. Look up the stages and help yourself move along. I think if you try to contact her now, it will only prolong your grief.

^good advice

Yeah man, it is never easy getting over one you felt the 'vibe' with. It's only been a year. True, some take less time to get over things like this; other's take much longer.
    At least you've got heart right? Indeed.

Keep dating. Get out there and meet new people. Hopefully someone will come along and you'll feel that 'vibe' again.
    We always learn and become better versions of ourselves. Find comfort in this right.