+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Am i too late?

Am i too late?

Hi
    So you may have read my previous but if not basically my ex boyfriend of 3 years 2 years living together cheated on me and left me for another girl but he continued to message me several times a week wanting to be 'friends' saying he hopes im well etc ive since found out that my ex has now split up with the girl he left me for (I think she dumped him?) he then text me to say that he was feeling really down life was pointless and hed gotten himself into a shit situation as he had left me when I loved him and respected him I started going back around and we was sleeping together things seemed like they used to be and I thought he wanted to get back together he then texts me saying hes starting to see someone else and that it isn't anything serious but he wanted to tell me before I found out somewhere else as he respects me but said we can always be friends i'm just so confused of his intentions??
    do you think he was reaching out to me hen he text me saying he'd made a mistake and now i've lost him again for good?me im going to initiate no contact and tell him that I cant be friends do you think this will make him realise that he has lost me and will make him miss me and want to come back?
    please reply going out of my mind!!
    thankyou
    Last edited by pintsized; 03-08-14 at 11:42 PM.

Not a male but was reading your thread
    If he makes you feel bad or sad or unhappy go no contact, if you like hearing from him occasionally and still being friends tell him so but tell him you don't want to know about his dating life.

Honestly sounds like he is trying to keep you as a backup in case he wants sex and is not seeing someone. And to be very blunt you sound like all you are worried about is getting him back. If he wanted a relationship with you he would try to work with you toward that. Just my two cents.

Don't do the "no contact" thing as a means of getting him back. The last thing you need is more mind games like that.

Do "no contact" because it is the right thing to do, for you, and really mean it and stick to it. He says he respects you, and yet cheated on you twice and emotionally blackmails you for sex.

You bare a responsibility too because while he uses emotional blackmail and tells you what you want to hear, you choose to believe what you want to believe because you enjoy the feeling of being needed. Be mindful of what drives you towards this kind of man and think about how you can change that tendency.