+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I am dating my ex-girlfriends ex- bestfriend who is my ex-bestfriends ex-girlfriend

I am dating my ex-girlfriends ex- bestfriend who is my ex-bestfriends ex-girlfriend

Ok so I will sum this up as briefly as possible. I met my ex-girlfriend,we'll call her Anna, close to six years ago and we completely broke things off after years of trying to make it work about five months ago. While we were together she introduced me to a very close friend of hers,we'll call her Rayven, and we would all get together and relax or go out and whatnot. Talking with Anna, we decided that we should introduce Rayven to my best friend,we'll call him Adam. They were both lonely and hadn't had companionship for years by then. They ended up dating for around two years before she broke it off with him. During this whole time they were together Anna and I were having constant issues which would end up with me getting kicked out of the house. When this would happen I would stay with Adam and Rayven and all was cool. There were no spoken feelings between Rayven and I during the six years I had known her. Again they lived together for close to two years but I had known her for years before Adam met her. So when Anna and I finally split I stayed between my parents home and Adam and his friends apartment until I was able to get back on my feet. During the time I stayed with him our relationship became very strained. I have been successful with my work in construction but had recently left the company I was working for which was a poor decision but thats another topic. Adam has not had much motivation to be successful in life which was the innevitable undoing of Rayven and Adams relationship. I decided to step away from my friend not only because I had my own problems, but being around him was sapping me of life force worrying about his depression which was caused from his poor life choices, general negative outlook on life, and of course the loss of Rayven. He would never take advice and wonder why his life was in such turmoil. This was the topic of conversation every day I would hang out with him and it was just too much for me to handle. Adam and Rayven had been broken up for two years at the point I decided I couldn't handle his drama anymore. Well a few months of not talking to him I had still been in contact here and there with Rayven, after all I lived with them so her family felt like my family. A few facebook messages here, a couple text messages there, Rayven and I end up meeting for a drink. Of course all the feelings I never thought were there came out on both of our ends. We ended up seeing each other and life just seemed to get better for both of us immediately. I landed an amazing job, she has a real man to help her out with her kids now, all is well. The problem is even though Adam treated her poorly and made a spectacle of himself in front of her kids most every night, and the fact I haven't spoken with him in months and do not care much to have a friendship with him at this point, I am having an attack of conscience about the whole thing. Rayven hasn't spoken to Anna in a couple years so to say the least, neither Anna nor Adam know that Rayven and I live together. Adam still gets drunk and texts Rayven frequently and stops in her work to grab a drink even though she has repeatedly expressed her desire to have nothing to do with him. So Here is the dilemma, Adam is still obviously completely stuck on Rayven and is not handling the breakup from two years ago well at all. I feel like I should tell him even though we really aren't friends anymore, but at the same time I don't feel like I need to explain myself to him or need his permission. I am concerned for his well being if he were to find out. He is unpredictable and gets way too drunk and then pulls out the suicide card already. Hopefully someone took the time to read this. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

What's the fvcking question?

So here it is in a nutshell.

You and your girl get together. You get both your mutual friends together. You and you girl break up, you stay with mutual friends. Mutual friends break up. You break up with one of your friends and hook up with his ex.

You are asking whether you should tell your ex-friend that you are dating his ex-gf and also not sure how he is going to handle it? You can't control how he reacts to it, sounds like he is a mess regardless of what you do.

In a nutshell yes that is what my long winded post was about. Basically just looking for input and thoughts on the situation.

My advice: next time, use paragraphs.
    — "Only that in you which is me can hear what I'm saying." ~Baba Ram Dass

To surfhb-No I did not ask a specific question, directly, as I was not aware there would be anyone unable to grasp the concept of what I had said.To desktop- I also was not writing a novel to be published and sold. Obviously I expect harsh and negative comments on this thread, which should be expected. I am failing to understand why anyone would respond to this thread with absolutely nothing relevant to the entire point of this website, not to mention this posting. The world is ****ed up already, you really should find better things to do than look at posts on loveforum for threads to post some stupid ass comment on. It's bad enough I posted anything on here in all seriousness, what does that say about you?
    Last edited by Menikmati; 08-08-14 at 01:27 PM.