+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is this her rejecting me or am I overthinking?

Is this her rejecting me or am I overthinking?

Girl at work had shown interest in me and I asked her out (Saturday before last) which led to a positive date. She ended up making physical contact like playfully punching my arm, laughing, asking questions, etc. We ended up kissing then she hugged me after.

So, Thursday in work I asked if she was free to do something the weekend gone and she told me she was busy that weekend but free the weekend after. Later that day I went up to her and said "Next saturday fine?" and she said "Yeah" in a positive tone. She reacted well to my teasing later that day too, acting shy and giggly.

However, the day after when I walked in work and saw her, I started speaking to her about Mexican food then offered a name of a place, date and time in which she responded "Yeah I'll message you about it", but in a less enthusastic tone, but she was sat on the floor on the main aisle sorting a shelf out and looked busy (apparently she hates that aisle).

She remained smiley to me throughout the day and we laughed after we bumped into each other at the door, whilst exchanging "hi's" with smiles on the odd occasion. I noticed she would be smiley/laugh a bit around me one moment, then the next moment she wouldn't even acknowledge me or act a little distant, so I did play that card a bit but whilst I was busy. When she was leaving the store with her sister, I made eye contact with her but I didn't say anything as I was walking past. As soon as I started walking past her, she turned and said "see ya" to me, in which I did the same.

Was this her rejecting me with the "I'll message you about it" part? It's been three days and no message. I will message her on Wednesday about doing something this weekend, which will probably get me my answer.

(In addition, I spoke to a work mate who has known her since she was 12. He told me she's a shy girl and that her sister told him she's not very confident when it comes to guys liking her, like she's not great with showing interest. He also told me her only boyfriend was a year ago and that lasted two weeks, so she only has two weeks of relationship experience.)

i think u mite be just overreacting a little i mean evev u said yourself that she looked a little disgurged and if she is shy and has had only one boyfriend maybe she is a little nervous and its best for u to just take it slow. far as her texting u back she may have just forgotten or scared and you should just text her back to see what she thinks trust me us women can get forgetful at times if we are having a bad day wish u both the best!
    No More Worries

Quote Originally Posted by Stay 2gether View Post
    i think u mite be just overreacting a little i mean evev u said yourself that she looked a little disgurged and if she is shy and has had only one boyfriend maybe she is a little nervous and its best for u to just take it slow. far as her texting u back she may have just forgotten or scared and you should just text her back to see what she thinks trust me us women can get forgetful at times if we are having a bad day wish u both the best!
    I'm thinking of messaging her Wednesday mid-day before I go to work in hope that when I finish work, she'll have messaged. Will send her something like "Hey, I know we talked about it a little last week but would you still like to get something to eat Saturday evening?" if that sounds alright.

Quote Originally Posted by fmfan08 View Post
    I'm thinking of messaging her Wednesday mid-day before I go to work in hope that when I finish work, she'll have messaged. Will send her something like "Hey, I know we talked about it a little last week but would you still like to get something to eat Saturday evening?" if that sounds alright.
    Yes i thinkbyou should do that and hopefully u will get a response now if she does not respond this time then she mite not be interested but i think she will im rooting for yall! wishing you the best
    No More Worries

Quote Originally Posted by Stay 2gether View Post
    Yes i thinkbyou should do that and hopefully u will get a response now if she does not respond this time then she mite not be interested but i think she will im rooting for yall! wishing you the best
    Thanks for your reply.

Our conversation went a little like this over message after I asked her if she wanted to go get something to eat, she said "Hey, we don't have to go somewhere to eat, I don't mind just hanging out or something, I'm not really a go for a meal kind of girl haha".

Then we arranged the time/day as she has work until a certain point at weekend, she mentioned again "Yeah that's fine, we don't have to do anything big though, I don't mind just hanging out or watching films or anything haha".

I replied "This is when I discover you own a collector's edition of that 300 film isn't it? haha, i'll see you outside of work then" (she kept telling me to watch 300 in past conversations with her at work and last date).

She replied with "Hahaha not quite!! Okay yeah".

She's really shy with me at work though, like I could walk past her and she'd keep herself to herself unless I say hey. Even today when I walked around the corner and she came the opposite way, she was really smiley towards me but walked past. She was completely the opposite before I asked her out, however she isn't like this outside of work with me.

I'm worried that "hanging out" may mean she sees me as a friend, rather than letting me take her out on a date? Although it will be just me and her meeting up. She also suggested watching films, but I assume because we're meeting five minutes from where she lives that if we do watch films it would be at where she lives?

some people are just simple maybe she just wants to take it slow and as far as her not talking to u much at work she may just be afraid to let others know at work that you all are talking maybe she just wants to be professional at work keeping it strictly business. Make sure you listen to her because she is letting you know that she likes simple things so maybe you should keep it simple for now until you all have been together for awhile then she will loosen up more!
    No More Worries