+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Husband got blocked call at 1 am. Doesn't know who woman on voicemail is...!!!??

Husband got blocked call at 1 am. Doesn't know who woman on voicemail is...!!!??

So 1 am lastnight husband gets this blocked call at 1am. I saw it when grabbing his phone to call and find mine. A voicemail...a woman saying "hi this message is for Jimi, give me a call". He was dozing off so I said some woman called from a blocked number wanting "Jimi" (only his mother and ex girlfriend call him that) left a message to call her. He was like what that's weird. I made the point to say she obviously blocked the number for a reason, she knew your number and name and obviously assumes you know who she is to call her back as she never did say who she was. He acted like he couldn't figure it out for a minute and I kind of let him know I was annoyed, and of course he never even tried to comfort me or talk to me about it. One time in our six-year relationship he had a one time phisical thing with his ex-girlfriend the one that calls him Jimi it was early on. Once she found out he was dating me she wanted him back, and did everything in her power to the point we had to call the police on her and it finally stopped. My point is my husband obviously has to know who this person is that called or it is this ex-girlfriend having one of her friends call him to try to get me upset as it did not sound like her voice. She is the one that had called and told me what happened so I have spoke with her. I did not mention this coincidence to my husband as funny as it sounds she's a motley Crue fan and every year goes to the concert coincidently last night was the night, and it's not the first year we've gotten a drunken call. As I said I never mentioned this coincidence to him and I'm sure it's in the back of his mind also. What's bothering me is I feel like something may be going on as our relationship has felt very weird lately I am seven months pregnant and I just feel like he doesn't love me anymore. It may just be stress I'm not sure but it's been really hard on me. After the call last night my slight suspicion that maybe he was talking to somebody else feels I may be right. Any advice or input as it's been lonely for me and stressful. To top it off lately he has but been very on edge and annoyed with me latley and I can't figure out why things are diffrwn telp appreciated thank you

At a wild guess I'd say that his recent behavioural changes and the impending baby, may be related. He may feel under pressure and/or trapped. He may then making it about you in his head and getting antsy with you, to justify the urge to escape that he feels guilty about. You need to sit down and talk to him in such a way that encourages him to open up without criticism or judgement. Once you are both in that frame of mind and some honesty is flowing, you can find out what is going on both in his head and with this other girl.

In my experience, if something seems "off," something is. Is this your first pregnancy? If so, was it different last time?

If possible, I think you should try to as non-confrontationally as possible try to have a talk with him about how he's feeling about everything in your relationship and with the pregnancy.