Hi Friends

This is about a friend who was my colleague in past. 3.5 years back i was working in a company. My team was split into two cities and all of us were open in communication even though we were in different cities. I used to coordinate lots of communication between teams and the lead of team from another city was very friendly. He use to ping me good morning everyday when i logged into system and soon we became very good friends. We used to work and chat whole day and one day he said he likes me a lot and proposed me. I said ok and told him to talk to his family before he take any decision (we both are from asia). Next day he called and said his family is not ready to allow him to marry a girl of his wish (normally it is arranged marriage). I said fine because for me he was a very good friend and I didnt had any boyfriend. I thought if his family agrees it is not bad to have a friend as your life partner. But when he said no things stopped there. I reduced talking to him so that it does not ruin our friendship. Few months later I totally forgot about the incident and remained normal to him. At the same time Iapplied for higher education in US and came here for studies. He also got onsite and came to US but in different city. I never met him in person. After coming here i started studying as well as working part time to manage my expenses. But sometime later I was laid off from work and financial situation at my home also worsened since my mom dad both fell ill. The situation was like i did not had money to pay for food or rent.
Meantime, he called me once and during the conversation i told him about the financial situation. I did not ask his help. He said he will help me as I worked really hard to get admission to the college and i was half way through my studies. He said once you will get job start paying me back. I refused the offer. But tehn he keep calling me saying that as a friend hedoes not want me to leave my education in mid way.

So I accepted his offer and he sent me money for 5 months for food and rent. Honestly saying I am very grateful to this person that he helped me in my adverse situation and saved me from leaving my studies in between. Then i got a fair job and started paying for my expenses and my parents medicines and treatments. I told my friend about the financial situation at home and asked some grace time to return his money back. He said it is ok and I can take my time.

But i did not knew that he gave me money to claim his rights on me. He gave me money keeping some other intentions in his mind. He started calling me like a stalker. He wanted to be in a relationship with me because he did a favor on me and he actually started behaving like i am a thing for him which he bought by paying my expenses. I was not in a situation that i will start paying him away as i was in my last term of education and i paid almost $7000 from my 6 months saving(doing 2 jobs, working 60-65 hours a week and part time as my fees plus sending money to home for my parents treatment). I had nothing in my bank. I was laid off again.

I called him and gave him a stern reply that I am very thankful that you helped me and I promise I will pay u back once i get decent job. But this does not mean that you will bother by calling 117 times in 1 hour and if i do not pick your call you will flood my email or fb. Then i stopped talking to him and prepared for exams. In 6 months he got married to another girl and out of courtesy i called him and his wife and wished both of them good luck. He introduced me to his wife nicely. In meantime i got a good job and i started saving to pay him back. In between he emailed me saying how are you? hows work? I replied that everything is good and how is his wife doing? If she liked US or not and if she made friends there...we had this kind of communication and i told him that i ll be doing money transfer to him soon in installments. (I replied to him because i was in-debted to him to pay for my expenses...i am still very grateful to him despite of his intentions)

All of a sudden two weeks back he called me and i was at work. I picked his call and then he said "you are on speaker and can you clarify this to my wife that there is nothing between us".....I said "what are you talking about"...he said my wife thinks we have an affair and then i cut the call telling her wife that I dont know what sgoing on but there is ntohing like that. I was so angry ..later when i relaxed a bit I realized how an he call me like this that too showing it to his wife...I do not know what he had told his wife or may be pretended in front of her. Later same day I got his voice messages saying..."Listen return my money i need it...right away"....i did not reply thinking of doing transfer in morning....In morning when i open my email...his email was like "Hope you understand why i left you the message my wife was next to me"....this actually made me crazy..i feel like hitting him on face....i emailed him back saying that " I will initiate the transfer today but I do not earn enough to pay you back right away...I need 5 months to return the whole amount back to you".....(as i have to send money to home for my ailing parents who need their medicines every month and for house hold expenses, i am the only bread winner)

Honestly being true to god and myself i thought of paying back interest on the amount too....He replied "OK take your time"...I initiated first transfer ..he got money....and right away after he got first installment he said...did you transfer the second installment.... I said "not yet...When I will initiate I will let you know..Please give me some time"...then no reply from him..this was on last thursday (Aug 7)..today morning when i again came to work and open my email...he have sent an email saying "have you initialed second transfer"....I again replied "I get paid monthly and I ll let you know as soon as i initiate the transfer"...but then he said "are you sure that you will pay me back in 5 months...."...I said " I ll try my best"...he siad "I need my money bck right away"....

I do not know what to do to? I really want to call him and his wife and want to to say thanks for helping me out when i was in bad situation but now stop being an asshole and showing me that you did a favor. I want to tell his wife that it was not me who wanted to have an affair with him, it was her husband who stalked me for 1 year after giving me money thinking that he own me....

Please help me guys..what should i do