+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Why would he do this

Why would he do this

Me and my ex broke up Saturday morning. He said it wasn't workings and he wants to be alone and focus on his boys (from a previous relationship as he doesn't see them often) I just replied ok. Then later that day I accidentally sent a thumbs up on the message as I went to delete the message thread I said sorry he asked why then the convo ended with him going lol. A few hours later he sent me a funny you tube video, we spoke about the video and again convo ended. If he ended it why is he sending me a funny video? Plus a comedian with both love has just gone on sale, so I quickly inboxed him saying I know I asked you to delete my number but just to let you know blah blah. He has read it but not replied. Now i'm confused as he sent me a funny video and I didn't ignore him. I do miss him, and want him back. Do you think there is a slight chance he does?

I think everyone feels somewhat conflicted after a break up. He might have decided he's not happy but the little exchange that ended with a joke, followed by the video, was just you two falling back into a bit of the old banter between you. It sounds like in not replying he's since reaffirmed to himself how he felt. If you want it doesn't hurt to ask him if he's sure this is what he wants, but after that you'll need to move on if he doesn't change course.

Not likely. He prolly sent that "funny video" to his whole contact list and you got it because he hasn't deleted you yet. Don't start hoping he wants you back in any SERIOUS capacity.

He's told you he doesn't want a relationship so don't let him have sex with you as a fk buddy only... you like him too much and allowing that to happen will screw with your self-worth and confidence one sex session at a time.

Ignore any contact you get from him unless the subject line is: "I made a mistake, can we talk." Don't expect to get something like that from him though.

In time, you'll forget about him.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

He wouldn't break up with you if he wasn't sure he wanted to break up. It sounds to me like he's trying to be cordial about it and show he has no hard feelings. But he's trying to move on and you should let him.