+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Halp me!!

Halp me!!

Ok well. Me and my gf of 6 months decided to break up about a month ago. It wasnt really a break up. Sort of just a break for a bit. We both have problems to figure out. One of the reasons we broke up was because she kept talking to her ex. She would tell me she was done talking to him. She would promise that he is out of her life and mine. Well i should probably explain why i dont want her to talk to him. And why there is no reason she should. When they were dating, he sent ya know...suggestive pics of her to lots of people (she doesnt send suggestive pics anymore thank god), he would brag about the pics. Then after they broke up. Me and her got together. A few months in after her promisig not to talk to him, he comes around making up lies about how they still hang out (they dont. They only text. But sometimes they would get on calls. Even though she clearly knew i hated it). He would also make up lies about her cheating on me. And me cheating on her. Neither of which happened. But he was just trying to split us up. Then again, she promised to stop talking to him blah blah blah. Broke her promise again. We broke up. And we are tryin to work things out now. We are almost back together. But the thing is...like we both say how much we love each other. We both express our feelings for each other. But now she tells me that she is goin on a date with some guy. She promises nothing is going to happen. She said nothing more than a peck on the lips to say good bye. I know it shouldnt matter to me bc we are broken up, but like...why would she tell me about the date in the first place? She is really nice and sweet, but the lies kill me. I want her back. She wants me back. But she is going on a date with some guy? What do i do? Should i keep trying to fix things? Or just give up? I mean 6 months is a long time. Itd be hard to get over her. And when we get along, its perfect.

You get rid of her and go zero contact. She's hardly "in it" to get back with you as your committed girlfriend if she's going out with other guys.
    Don't let her wipe here feet on you like that. She's a twat and a half and you will find another girl that doesn't want to keep talking to ex's and lying about things like that.

Again. Respect yourself and don't be her faithful Labrador retriever while she's catting around... that's just crazy.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
    You get rid of her and go zero contact. She's hardly "in it" to get back with you as your committed girlfriend if she's going out with other guys.
    Don't let her wipe here feet on you like that. She's a twat and a half and you will find another girl that doesn't want to keep talking to ex's and lying about things like that.

Again. Respect yourself and don't be her faithful Labrador retriever while she's catting around... that's just crazy.
    Thanks for the feedback. You are right. I mean its only one date that she is doing. But you're right. I cant keep bein dah wittle puppy dog. Should i just say to her that its my way or te highway? If she ****s up one more time, its done? Or should i just do what you said and go zero contact, and just drop her?

I think you should go zero contact after you've told her that you're not willing to sit and wait for her while she dates others guys, that if she was serious about actually being your gf, seeing someone else would be the last thing she would be doing and then tell her good bye.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

I think you should go zero contact after you've told her that you're not willing to sit and wait for her while she dates others guys, that if she was serious about actually being your gf, seeing someone else would be the last thing she would be doing and then tell her good bye.
    Alright. Thank you!

Let us know how it goes, Ineedadvice.

Let us know how it goes, Ineedadvice.
    Well, we didnt work out. Advice for getting over a 6 month relationship? Yeah i know, do things you have fun doing. But like. The past 6 months of my life...just gone...money wasted...presents bought...movie tickets purchased, dinners, flowers. It couldnt have just been a complete waste right? Well maybe

[URL=https://www.loveforum.net/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=wakeup]#wakeup[/URL] is right! maybe you could try doin that "zero contact" if she acts like that let her be. You deserve better that her. or maybe there is someone that was really meant for you!

Good... now you can go zero contact and get on with getting the hell over her. Don't think of any of it as a waste. It was a learning experience and one of the things I hope you've learned that if a girl isn't fully "in it" with you then it surely would be a waste of time to continue on with her.

You'll be fine... I promise. Now do your best to change the subject of her when she pops into your mind to something else and whatever you do... don't go back to her again. You've been there and you've done that and she doesn't get a third chance.

You are the prize that any woman should be hanging off of and if she isn't then she's just fluff.... got that?