+ Follow This Topic

Thread: She said "I'm emotionally confused" ???

She said "I'm emotionally confused" ???

So my girlfriend had broken up with me a few days ago. She had been acting strangely in a few days prior. There weren't the same affection filled texts like usual. She mentioned being depressed, and confused. I had asked her what was bothering her and she wouldn't say. So I let it go, being depressed, numb, and emotionally fragile is a common thing for both of us.

The night before she had went to band camp she had told me she loved me. Obviously i was over joyed. We both had told each other that we had never felt so comfortable or connected with someone before. I had felt this after our first date I never said that before she did. Our relationship was going extremely well. After she had come back from camp I had gone to a BBQ with her family a couple days before we broke up. She seemed distant, and not completely there. I could tell something was wrong the way she hugged me when i had arrived. When I left she seemed better and less awkward which wasn't something that ever happened between us. She even stayed up all night for awhile texting me, it wasn't the same though, the affectionate and loving girl I had known wasn't there.

Two days later she proceeded to distance her self from me. She seemed very depressed and numb. We didn't talk much that day, than at night I get a text saying "I'm so emotionally confused" I asked what was bothering her. She said she didn't want to talk about it. I said she wouldn't feel better until she let it out. She continued to say that her feelings for me weren't the same, and it was baffling her. She was also worried about school and color guard, and didn't know of she wanted a relationship now. I didn't understand why and neither did she. She said that I didn't deserve her doing this too me and that she still cared about me and didn't want to string me along until she had some emotional stability. She said she would continue to distance her self even more and get bitchy with me and she didn't want me to be put through that. Telling me she ruined this and she was **** up, and that her feelings only hurt people. She told me that she had done this too her last boyfriend. I told her if she figured it out she could contact me, but other than that I didn't want anything to do with her. She was my first love, and this had crushed me completely. But I do appreciate her not stringing me along, it would have hurt even more if she did I think.

After one day of not contacting each other, I had told her that if she wanted to talk to me, doesn't matter what she could, and that I was here. She said the same thing and that she couldn't express how sorry she was. I didn't get much in understanding, she still told me it wasn't me, that I had been perfect like she said when we broke up. I wanted to know how long she felt like this, she said the morning after she confessed her love, something had changed. It doesnt make sense to me or her. Of course she was still feeling alone and depressed. I told her I hope she feels better, and she said the same. And we had been going out for three months before all this had happened. It took just a little more than a week for my first love too leave me.

I keep thinking about her, and all the wonderful feelings we had, and the close personal moments we had. If anyone can shed some like on this it would be helpful, anyone who had a similar relationship. Also if any one can suggest things to help me let go that would be appreciated.

- - - Updated - - -

Forgive me if this belongs in ask a female. This is my first post

Sorry you're hurting, Toxic but with time and going No Contact you'll get to the stage of indifference to her but you have to work on this:
    being depressed, numb, and emotionally fragile is a common thing for both of us.
    It's not common to be "depressed, numb and emotionally fragile" as a general rule so what have you been doing to help you to be a happy, and non-fragile?

Do you see a therapist to help you with your emotional state in general?

Anyway, keep busy and don't thank your lucky starts that she has been honest with you now don't let her keep you mired in your pain by taking crumb contact from her that only keeps you from healing. She needs to work on her own fragile emotional state and her inability to commit without running scared.

Good luck
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Do not allow someone to play with your heart esp if you are experiencing depression or anxiety symptoms regularly. If she is unsure what she wants, then I would encourage you to move on for your emotional peace of mind. While that is easier said than done, I assure you that on the other side you will be happy that you did. The main key is not to dwell on what went wrong and how. You are deserving of a mature love and someone that will help complement to make you a better person and vice versa. Earlier today, I recommended a book I found on Amazon to someone experiencing heartache called Heartbreak Therapy: Repair Manual for a Broken Heart. It may help you to refocus your energy so you can move on to a better, healthier love relationship. The book can be found at
    [url=http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1626523886?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creativeASIN=16265238 86&linkCode=xm2&tag=askalovgodl03-20]Heartbreak Therapy: Repair Manual for a Broken Heart: Andrew Gentile: 9781626523883: Amazon.com: Books[/url]. I hope this is helpful.

Because everyone deserves to be loved...
    #finding4reallove @askalovegoddess
    http://askalovegoddess.com

I have recently started therapy, it's a new experience for me. I don't think I will get much contact with her. How much little confidence she has in her self I don't believe she would return to me if she figured it out, in fear of rejection or repeating the cycle that had ended two relationships.

I have been looking for a meaningful relationship. Letting go is difficult, all my relationships have been short lived. I thought this one would have lasted. I am begining to let go, focusing on school, writing, and other romantic prospects.