+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Broken heart that I can't quite let go of.

Broken heart that I can't quite let go of.

Hey, so, I guess everyone like me ends up at a place like this at some point or another. I have an illness of sorts, I fell in love once, had my heart broken, and since then, haven't been able to recover.

I met her back in high school. We fell in love and spent all our time talking with each other for two years. We had to keep our relationship a secret from her parents, there was a lot of sneaky around, a lot of grand romantic gestures, and we ended up married in California before it was all over. It was the most exhilarating period of my life. My heart beat clearly, everything was bliss, nothing would ever go wrong. The collapse was sudden and unexpected and send me spiraling into darkness. A relationship that lasted only two years sent me in a deep longing loneliness that has persisted for over 4. I feel like I'm standing in my own way, but no one appeals to me anymore. I can't look at girls without just being reminded of this girl. I love girls for the qualities they have that she also possessed, not because they possess them themselves, but because she once did. I don't feel like I can fall in love like that again, and yet I know I'm wrong about that. I know I'm young and likely to meet another, but I just can't seem to get over her, I can't seem to move past it, I thought time would be the answer, but so far it has not resolved anything.

At the very least, I broke out of my spiral, I picked myself up, and learned that I need to love myself first, and I do. I love who I am, and more importantly, I love the potential for what I can become within myself. I am fueled by the desire to be all I can be, in the hopes that one day she will look at me again, and fall in love with what she sees. This is my desire, and foolishly enough, is what I am currently striving for. I'm not hoping for anything soon, I'm hoping to turn myself into someone she would love. Someone who is an expert in the things she enjoys, who can care and protect and provide for her. This is take time, and I'm sure she's not currently interested in hearing from me yet, but I feel like, 4, 5 years in the future that will be a different story.

And that's where I stand. I tried my best to find a girl to fill the void she left in my heart, and so far, nothing has worked. So my resolve is to become the best person I can be, and especially the type of person who she would like, focusing on refining currently dull personality traits that she would find attractive. I feel like anyone I tell about this will call me a fool, and they're most likely right, but when this is the only thing that makes sense in my heart, what am I to do?

So, that's the situation. Am I misguided? What else could I do in this situation? I'm open to ideas.

I m Linda..i m here to seek people's advice...please serious people should comment on this post,cos i have been attacked severally on this same post...
    Here is my story..my husband left me and our daughter to live with another woman,i tried all i could to get him back but nothing worked,I read about a prophet online who fix love problems and other problems like unemployment,bad luck,money problem,healing and many more,i decided to contact him,and he told me what to do to get my husband back,he told me my husband will return to me in 3 days and it happened this way..since then we have been happy together,everything is smooth between us..
    I asked him what i can do to pay him back for his great work,he said i should give him what i feel like,I want you guys to advice me on what i can give him in return of his help...
    Please serious advice only.
    you can PM me if you have serious advice.
    Linda.