+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Age difference? What to do?

Age difference? What to do?

Hello!

I recently asked out a girl, but was rejected along with the answer "the age difference is too big". I am 20 y/o, and she is 17-18, so there is a few years gap, but personally I don't think it's that big (what do you think?).

Anyway, a couple of days later I realized I have never told her my age, and under the prevailing circumstances I guess she has reasons to believe I am older than 20.
    So, do you think she might have been honest when saying it wouldn't work due to the age difference, or was she just not interested for other reasons?
    In case you think she was being honest, what should I do? Should I contact her again and clarify that I am not "very old"? (To me this sounds quite stupid, but as it looks now, I will never see, nor speak to her again unless I decide to contact her.)

Furthermore, we do get along really well, and there's always a lot of laughter involved in our conversation.

Looking forward to your replies!
    Thanks!

Maybe it could be an issue for her. She may have strict parents and is only allowed to date somebody around the same age or something like that. It also could be a blow off unless she genuinely thinks you are maybe 6 or 7 years older. I have to be honest though if I met a guy who I was crazy about I would not care if he was 70 :-)

Ok, first off you're 20... She's 17, soooo... sex = statutory rape. Once she is [18] you can bring up to her that you are only 20, or maybe you'll be 21 by then...

Other than that you have to realize that everyone's opinions are different. She may indeed feel that you are waaaay older than her. That's immature, but its her right to feel that way.

Bottom line: Make sure she's legal [before] you interact with her further, then bring up something that involves age, like drinking, and say "yeah, I'm 20/21 so I've been to xyz places and they have good beer/drinks". Boom! Done!