+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Need help on next move to make...

Need help on next move to make...

Very undecided on what to do next.

I'm in a very small, intimate class. There's only about 14 students and it's all about arguing con-law and helping others formulate arguments. From the very 1st day I've had a crush on this girl. Very early in the semester, I was on the elevator with her and saw the background of her phone was a picture of her and a guy, no big deal, I assumed she has a boyfriend and I won't even bother. Fast forward to yesterday (mind you me and her had basically no interaction with each other at all besides a small study session with other classmates, even then we didn't communicate with each other) and I post on the class's Facebook page asking a question, she replied not by answering the question, but asking if I would like to work on it with her in a few minutes, even putting a winky face at the end. I of course said yes and we met up for about 40 minutes before class, no work got done we just talked about random things and people. Then going to class she asked me to move seats to sit by her and we talked pretty much all class, again just random talk. She also asked if I would like to meet up before every class like we did, and since that class period we have exchanged text and some snapchats. We are scheduled to meet again tomorrow.

So basically, I need to find out if she does or doesn't have a boyfriend without being too obvious of my intentions. I creeped on her social media and really nothing blatant signaling she does or doesn't. Obviously the picture on the phone could just be a friend/family member or an ex at this point. Usually if I'm in this scenario I'll just straight out ask, but I don't want things to become awkward in class. I guess an option could be waiting till the end of the semester, but I feel like that could backfire big time where I could gdt friendzoned by then or she may be available now but not then.

Uhhhhh... Why don't u just ask her?
    I assume she is single now, because I don't think her boyfriend would be cool with u guys texting and hanging out all of a sudden. If that pic was recent I would be careful. Being a rebound is a dangerous place.

Quote Originally Posted by purple_roses View Post
    Uhhhhh... Why don't u just ask her?
    I assume she is single now, because I don't think her boyfriend would be cool with u guys texting and hanging out all of a sudden. If that pic was recent I would be careful. Being a rebound is a dangerous place.
    I just don't want to ask and make things awkward between us you know? Plus it's not like texting like flirty texting, just random stuff, and there hasn't been a ton exchanged, just a few here and there. About the picture, I agree, but there is no way to know. And like I said, it may have been a friend/family member. Also this was about a month and a half ago so I think I would be out of the rebound stage.