+ Follow This Topic

Thread: my ex boyfriend told me today that i am his best friend, is that a lie?

my ex boyfriend told me today that i am his best friend, is that a lie?

My ex boyfriend from October 2008-April 2010 told me today that I am his best friend. At first I was shocked and wondered why but before I was able to ask him why he said that, he told me I will always have a special place in his heart because I was his first love, the first person he truly cared about in a relationship. I was confused why he was telling me that because before he said that he said he gave the girl he liked a promise ring. He thinks this girl is the one for him for the rest of his life. In my opinion they aren't right for each other, I am only judging that from what he tells me about her. It seems like she doesn't want to be with him but doesn't have the heart to break it off for good. she already broke up with him once for another guy, then broke up with that guy because she didn't know who she wanted to be with, my ex almost got her pregnant (he claims it was protected, i'm not judging a situation I do not know facts on) but it was a false alarm, she wasn't talking to him, my ex got depressed and almost crashed his car on purpose, yeah. he told me all of that one night.

Plus he told me that this girl and him are not official and he admitted to me that he thinks him and I have good sex ( I admit we did have sex after we broke up a few times) but now he says I owe him (sex)for his birthday because I did the past 3 years, yet I feel like I cant do that if he gave the girl a promise ring even though they aren't officially together. Even if I did its always protected. Plus, he told me about 2 hours ago they got into a fight and haven't spoke in 3 days. They argue a lot and its not good making him feel depressed and stuff. I always tell him that its not worth it and he should find someone else who would care about him. I honestly think she doesn't care about him and the photos he shows me she doesn't even look happy. The one he showed me today, she actually looked like she was drunk or annoyed to be taking a photo with him, but who am I to judge someone I never met?

is this "you were my first true love who I really cared about, you hold a special place in my heart, and your my best friend" a lie or just some type of cr*p to keep me in the picture just to keep talking to me? I don't think we would ever get back together due to some things that happened in the past after we broke up (not with us persay but with things that happened between my family and him and now my aunt dislikes, more on the hate side, him and everyone who basically was friends with him dislikes him). I kind of told him he was my best friend too and that you can never forget your first true love in life, its just impossible and yeah 4 years later I still think about him.... i'm 21 now and he is 23
    Last edited by sadpanda1121; 23-10-14 at 10:49 PM.

Why are you staying friends with this guy. Hes your EX. Hes in a new relationship. Hes cheating on her by saying all that shit to you. Grow up
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".

He sounds like a douche. Did they run out of men in the USA? He's your first; I get that - my first boyfriend came back to me after we'd been broken up for 2 months, saying 'I need you back, my life has fallen apart without you'. Translation: I need you back because things didn't turn out as I thought they would. Now, I'm not an item at the Salvation Army that can be picked up for a bargain price after someone else has deemed it not good enough to keep. Neither are you.

He bitches about a woman he bought a promise ring for...then craps on about you being his 'best friend'...then he comes up with the oh so romantic 'you owe me sex' thing...

No, you might never forget your first love...but sometimes they act as a reminder than you should aspire for better.

My first bf came crawling back too only to be told to **** right off. I may have been his first love but he wasn't mine. Good riddance to bad rubbish
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".

thanks everyone. I don't think I am going to believe him that I am actually his best friend. maybe he does mean that, maybe he doesn't but i'm just not so sure. Honestly he is already cheating on this girl if he wants me to come over and have sex with him, i'm not going to do it when he likes someone else. Plus I find it funny when I was with him as a couple he would get so mad if a girl talked to him or tried doing things he would yell at them that he has a girlfriend and never to talk to him again and they would use the "shes not anywhere or wont be near hear" card. I know this because I was with him a few of those times when he talked to them on the phone.

Ironically, while typing this post, he actually texted me saying he gave the ring to her when she was in a bad mood so she snapped at him and then he snapped back and her and they had an argument which lead to no talking for now 4 days (last night it was 3). I just find everything unhealthy, and its kind of hard to just forget about him because I was with him during the worst times of his life (him being a foster child and not getting treated the best in life, I was their for him with every problem he had with this foster care system, and he was there for me when my parents decided to get a separation and fight 24/7 for 6 months, so I find it hard to shake him off too). I find it hard to ignore him.